IMG_aug-05-09-0007.jpg

Wow, that intersection is easily one regular city block wide!

It's a brutal one...east-west across Kariya isn't bad, but crossing Burnhamthorpe means crossing 8 or 9 lanes of traffic! Despite this, it's a busy pedestrian crossing.

Burnhamthorpe through MCC is indeed ridiculously wide and if any street needs a good narrowing, it's this one.

This intersection is particularly treacherous due to impatient/oblivious left-turning drivers coming out of Square One.

On my way to the Real Madrid open practice at the BMO, from the bridge at the Dufferin Gates i took these pics of the the Mississauga skyline which i believe shows Chicago rising in the skyline.

August62009007.jpg

August62009008.jpg

Last edited:
The podium was pretty but it's all downhill from here.

God those arches are cheesy. Wouldn't expect anything less from that city.

Wouldn't expect anything less than a juvenile, cheap shot from you, towered...

Oh wait...both Kirkor and Daniels are headquartered in the City of Toronto.....funny.....

I thought we were done with the slagging of the 905 communities...there's plenty of crap in the city as well, enjoy the view....

no argument there, PE.......................................

It's has been all down hill since Capital's were built.

I don't know, my friend....I think that most often, the 'bad' buildings are not as bad as many here would make them out to be, and also the 'good' buildings may not be as good as many here make them out to be...time will tell....

I really like this building. I know this is blasphemous on UT, but it almost surpasses Marilyn for my fave new west end building.

I can only comment on this based on pictures though. It makes me want to visit Mississauga (lived in downtown Toronto for 3 years, never been that far west).

Back