I dunno, but I'm thinking that a tall, glass-clad residential tower is the perfect thing for a residential neighbourhood like Riverdale. Right smack in the middle. It'll give the place a design focal point. I think it'll work and work out very well. In fact, I know so - even before it's built. Anyone who would be against such a perfect piece of design suffers from a fear of heights. That's the only explanation.

I dunno, but I'm thinking that a tall, glass-clad residential tower is the perfect thing for a residential neighbourhood like Riverdale. Right smack in the middle. It'll give the place a design focal point. I think it'll work and work out very well. In fact, I know so - even before it's built. Anyone who would be against such a perfect piece of design suffers from a fear of heights. That's the only explanation.

The site was tight, but I think Clewes pulled it off...

newriverdale.jpg

It's all in good fun. :)

Wheres the podium?

No podium? It won't blend in with the rest of the neighbourhood!

GOTTA HAVE....PODIUM AAARGH!!

(Love it! My morning chuckle.)

priceless! the sarcasm is flowing pretty thick.

and just for the record I am NOT a Distillery hater... hang in there Shocker, atleast you are getting your way in the fact that these projects are actually getting built. No amount of complaining by others can stop that.

Most people in the west end have no idea where Riverdale is; now I can point and say, see that glass condo tower over there?!;)

But Riverdale needs at least three glass towers, you know, "spires" to replace those tacky ancient Victorian church spires in the 'hood.

ganja,

Wow! Some pictures are worth a thousand posts!

urbandreamer,

With the way things are going in this city, you won't be able to tell which Clewes glass point tower to point to.

Wow, those are short storeys on that Clewes building -- looks like 3ft or so. I guess this tower is going for the untapped "Disney Dwarf" market.

Yes, well done ganja - syn's bizarro world writ large!

Actually, yours! :)

The low-rise brick house vs steel & glass highrise, tress vs no trees, backyard vs no backyard contrasts are even greater than they are in the Distillery.

True genius.

Though of course no such contrast is required since - unlike the disused site that is being revived as the Distillery District - it works perfectly as it is.

Back