It takes a developer to raze a village.

So, the Riverdale Towers: first comes the "Archie", then the "Reggie", the "Betty", the "Veronica", the "Jughead"...

A couple of shots around sundown today. The sky was looking particularly nice, as was the condo. It's really grown on me.

2572201274_08f0ed311e_o.jpg

2572200904_95518c552c_o.jpg

Heading down Distillery way. If there'd been a person here, it'd be a better caption.

2571376393_d817f85ab3_o.jpg

i was in the area today...not as good as the ones above, but here they are.

DSC08191.jpg

DSC08192.jpg

DSC08194.jpg

I am sorry to get back on track, but initially Clear Spirit Phases II and III were supposed to be 40 and 48 storeys tall. If the new phase III is 35 storeys in height, how many storeys will Phase II have?? :confused:
An Inquiring mind wishes to know! :(
And just for the record, I like the way this development has turned out even if they do replace the 48 storey tower with its Mini-me version!

Though of course no such contrast is required since - unlike the disused site that is being revived as the Distillery District - it works perfectly as it is.

Perfectly to you.

Just as some of the Distillery is being destroyed to make way for some condo towers, losing a few homes in Riverdale for a modern masterpiece to help redefine the area can only be considered an improvement.

Ok, so you know those pictures that Tomms posted? I figured I'd get a good look myself, of the quality of the construction and the views on the penthouse units on the 32nd floor.

This was 8pm, and there's still construction people walking around fixing things. I paid no attention, they paid no attention. Walked right by. You can kind of guess what kind of state the building is in, nobody has moved in to the 3rd floor yet.

Stupid me, I decide to go up to the 32nd floor. Just before the doors opened, the elevators stopped. I thought, maybe the security guard busted me, and was going to question me.

Ten minutes later, the elevator still doesn't move. I'm in this wooden box, life flashing before my eyes. Firstly scared for dying, secondly scared for getting busted for trespassing. Managed to pry myself out though, was actually trapped between the 31st and 32nd floors.

Nevertheless though, amazing views!!

... and I'll never do that again.

Back