05B59420-9C50-4D5D-BF9E-AD8A6109898D.jpeg
94AC516E-49B5-4ABD-BEC6-7DDA383F9E9F.jpeg
38F5C6EC-E390-477A-8530-E2921E638684.jpeg
8049BA3A-9E9E-4064-9F09-95907E551667.jpeg
CA3CBB85-4CAB-4B47-9CA9-951209944F03.jpeg
C4D01114-5D51-498A-91C1-9E921D60771C.jpeg
25E5A806-5D4D-45AE-BF99-1CA30B086F18.jpeg
C997EBFA-F20E-4369-8FF7-1AEACC4168C2.jpeg

Prior to the website going down, they had put out construction notices for some quick-and-limited construction work to be done at many of the at-grade intersections. Those dates have come-and-gone, although I neither saw the work occur nor do there appear to be overt signs of the construction having happened (say, fresh concrete, new asphalt, etc.) - but at the same time, the work required may not have needed that kind of intervention, either.

At least at Leslie, as of Friday there was no indication that an LRV had passed through there in quite some time. The rust on the running surface of the rails is quite heavy, and the grass is long enough that it will likely require a grounds crew to mow it in the near future. At least the sprinkler system seems to be working reliably.

Dan
@smallspy I had heard that they chose to grind the rails at the surface intersections instead of ripping everything up. How this fares for the long term longevity of the rail itself remains to be seen.

@smallspy I had heard that they chose to grind the rails at the surface intersections instead of ripping everything up. How this fares for the long term longevity of the rail itself remains to be seen.
This would explain the lack of new concrete or asphalt around the rails at the intersection.

As for the potential effects to longevity - that's dependent on where they ground, and unfortunately I have not been able to have a close enough look at any of the affected intersections to see where that was. But keep in mind that the intersections are generally reasonably high-wear areas anyways as the trains are going to be accelerating and decelerating through them, and so would be subject to more frequent replacement in the long run.

Keep in mind too, that it was never announced where that supposed "2mm" of the "track being out" was located. 2mm of width to the gauge - provided it is wider - is negligible, almost imperceptible to the trains. But 2mm of cross-level is potentially an issue for comfort, and 2mm of step or rise in a very short span could be more problematic.

Dan

Last edited:
When were these taken?
well that explains the lack of progress....
Wow for a moment I almost had a heart attack thinking they were STILL working on the station boxes now...
seeing that they are now doing more small detail misc installation work on the surface stops, it looks like a firm delivery timeline might on the horizon.
from the looks of it it looks like fare machines are also starting to be installed there too. what looks like a machine under shrink wrap could be see at the stop across from the aga khan

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what kind of track surface profile the Crosstown and Finch LRT have? Are they using a streetcar surface profile like how the TTC has for the subway tracks.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what kind of track surface profile the Crosstown and Finch LRT have? Are they using a streetcar surface profile like how the TTC has for the subway tracks.
if youre asking whether the crosstown uses standard gauge vs wide gauge like the streetcar does the answer is standard gauge. The flexity freedom seen on the waterloo lrt and also seen on finch west use standard gauge

It's closer to the subway wheel profile than the streetcar profile, but it doesn't seem to be quite the same.

Dan

July 10
May 13/22 was the last time I looked at the Yonge/Eglinton area and been doing I will shoot it next week since then. When I had the time, weather was against me or something else came up.

The southbound lanes on the southside of Eglinton for the tunnel area ready to be back fill and the new lanes built.

The northside should see the last of the southbound lane remove today by the new centre vent. The road has been shifted right that has seen a few feet of the sidewalk removed for it. The new road should be done this month to allow shifting traffic from the northbound lanes to the southbound so work can start on the northbound lanes like the southbound.

Until the decking on Eglinton is remove as well back fill with a new road, the intersection will still see what there is today for the new Yonge St lanes on either side.

See no work for the tunnel to Eglinton Centre.

They are building a building just to the west of the new LRT station entrance and not sure what it for.

New bike lanes and on street parking alone with a single lane in each direction now in service west of Duplex only for a few blocks as rest of the road being rebuilt up to Avenue Rd. No idea where the single lane and bike lanes will stop, but expect it will be Avenue Rd.

I debated which way to get to Sq One either taking the subway to Kipling and catching the 109 or taking the 32. I figured it would be 90 minutes taking the 32 and most likely the same for the 109 to Renforth

I decided to take the 32 to Mississauga to get a look at the various stations that I don't see or visit to see where things stand for them. Its a mix bag from a small amount to a fair amount with Forest Hill being the worse one.

They final completed the canopy roof for TTC bus bays at Caledonia station as well the the canopy at Mount Denise.

Only took me 64 minutes to Renforth and waited 5 minutes for an 109 and 107 arriving at the same time. No idea if that was the 109 I may have caught at Kipling or was on the next one. Took the 107 as it took be to the terminal compare to the 5 minute walk from the 109 stop. Total trip time was about 100 minutes. When the LRT opens, should save 15 minutes or more for phase 1 and at least 30 minutes for phase 2

Photos to follow

Back