News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

It's waaaay too late to make changes to the underground stations now anyways.

They are already constructing headwalls where the stations will be.

But Christie Stn borders onto parkland that cannot be developed on. The Highway 407 Stn will also border a cemetary. Yet we cannot picture the subway network without either of these stops. A station box framed by Snider and Littles could involve an underground walkway to Caledonia and buses; meaning no lengthy detour of the 47 to try to adequately service the Westside Mall stop. And the City could always redevelop those commercial storefronts right at Littles into TOD.
I know, right.

High Park station is a few metres away from the namesake undevelopable parkland as well.

I am going to the next Metrolinx meeting in June to convince them to build Eglinton West from Jane to at least Renforth. It would not even cost much.

I am going to the next Metrolinx meeting in June to convince them to build Eglinton West from Jane to at least Renforth. It would not even cost much.

don't think thats going to work my man, Metrolinx doesn't exactly have much money to be throwing around all willy-nilly like that.

Don't worry about it. I have a friend at Metrolinx who'll take care of building Eglinton West if I tell him to. Consider Eglinton West a done deal.

And if there's anything else you want built, you should speak now. :)

Don't worry about it. I have a friend at Metrolinx who'll take care of building Eglinton West if I tell him to. Consider Eglinton West a done deal.

Except if Hudak gets in as Premier.

Are these the Metrolinx board meetings? Are they open to the public?

Believe Metrolinx board meetings are open to the public but the public is not allowed to comment during them, only observe.

Leslie south side alignment. :(
Metrolinx meetings are open, not sure if we can talk during the meeting, but we can talk after I think. I just think the UPX will be a massive failure.

Leslie south side alignment. :(

South side alignment will not happen.

Haven't you been paying attention. Over a year ago Metrolinx said that an LRT portal on the hillside near Scenic is not possible - thus the south side is not possible. :)

If you had paid attention during that time you have realized that Metrolinx never said the current launch location wasn't possible, only that they wanted it at don mills instead as it was easier there. They have to do piling and shore up the foundation of that new condo, which costs money and wasn't there when the initial EA was done. The local community convinced them to spend that money.

If you had paid attention during that time you have realized that Metrolinx never said the current launch location wasn't possible, only that they wanted it at don mills instead as it was easier there. They have to do piling and shore up the foundation of that new condo, which costs money and wasn't there when the initial EA was done. The local community convinced them to spend that money.

True, they did not say impossible.

But they did say that as long at the Scenic Launch site was not possible, there was no point in even studying the south side alignment.

The logical extension of this statement is that when the Scenic Launch site was re-instated, they would (or should have) study the merits of the south alignment.

Should we be concerned that the tunnel tracker hasn't been updated in a week-and-a-half? They are usually good about updating it approximately once a week. Is there an issue with the headwalls at Caledonia?

Back