News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

The former McDonalds at Bayview and Eglinton is being prepped for demolition.

cross.JPG

Attachments

• cross.JPG
    cross.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 1,050
Looking at the maps... It kind of seems like a waste to have had 4 TBM's working on this line. The 2 coming from the East aren't covering much distance. They probably could've made out with just the two coming from the West.
The east TMBs are stopped at the emergency exit building excavation at Leaside High School. The reason for this is a vacuum truck is lowering the water table in the area so that maintenance can be done on the cutter heads of the TBMs. I believe crews are not quite finished the headwalls at Bayview.

I think that 5 years is the opening date for the line, not the station itself. The station will probably be finished earlier, but it will likely sit empty until the line opens. I'd much rather have that than a York U scenario, where the line opening is held up by incomplete stations.

Keele was the "prototype" station. It's much further along in its development than the rest of the stations, which have just completed or are working towards 30% submissions.

On the crosstown.ca their video says that this station was designed to accomodate development on top.
I thought none of the LRT were going to have a condo built on top. Isn't that what Ford try to do with TTC stations?
I thought none of the LRT were going to have a condo built on top. Isn't that what Ford try to do with TTC stations?

There are a few of them that will be designed to accommodate a development over the station entrance. Eglinton immediately comes to mind, but the other stations slipped out of my mind.

McDonald's should open an alternate location to the former Bayview and Eglinton location.

I don't know of any other examples of McDonald's on slopes within Toronto city limits.

Disappointed they are not taking the opportunity to do something interesting with this corner. Like a low-rise retail structure connecting to the Crosstown station, complete with a McDonald's.

There are a few of them that will be designed to accommodate a development over the station entrance. Eglinton immediately comes to mind, but the other stations slipped out of my mind.
Does Metrolinx show it on their site which stations have been designed to accommodate a condo on top?

Back