News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I think that 5 years is the opening date for the line, not the station itself. The station will probably be finished earlier, but it will likely sit empty until the line opens. I'd much rather have that than a York U scenario, where the line opening is held up by incomplete stations.

What's the difference between the two scenarios? Neither scenario leads to getting people on a train.

Well, all the tunnelling west of Bathurst is complete so why not start construction on those stations or at least up to Eglinton West (The Allen)?

Look at the picture above, they are starting construction on the stations west of Bathurst. And since the line is opening all at once there's no point in rushing these stations. The hardest one to build is at Yonge and they've got a while yet to start there.

Look at the picture above, they are starting construction on the stations west of Bathurst. And since the line is opening all at once there's no point in rushing these stations. The hardest one to build is at Yonge and they've got a while yet to start there.
well if they are starting all the stations at once, why does metrolinx say at a community meeting will take 2 1/2 years for stations to be completed, and then on their communications it says 5 years, and then the post above that says "5 years is the opening date for the line, not the station itself". Why all different dates? So if they complete stations in 3 years they can say they came in on time

They are starting almost all the stations at once. Residents all along the line have received notice in the past few weeks that work is starting, even in places the tunnel hasn't passed yet. By summer almost all the the sites will have been demolished and prepped. The design of Keelesdale just got across the finish line first, likely because it is a relatively standard station which is furthest west where the tunnel was bored first. Likely they will use a significant amount of the design work they did on Keelesdale over and over again on the other stations. I doubt there will be any stations that will not have started construction by the end of the year.

The stations take 2.5 - 3 years to complete, but likely Mount Dennis, Allen, and Yonge will take more time. The line opens in 2021. Construction will likely start by the end of the year on all stations. Fall 2016 + approx 3 years station build + approx 1 year to finish Mount Dennis, Allen, Yonge, and integrating the stations and the line + 6 months testing and commissioning + contingency = sometime after Spring 2021.

The stations take 2.5 - 3 years to complete, but likely Mount Dennis, Allen, and Yonge will take more time. The line opens in 2021. Construction will likely start by the end of the year on all stations. Fall 2016 + approx 3 years station build + approx 1 year to finish Mount Dennis, Allen, Yonge, and integrating the stations and the line + 6 months testing and commissioning + contingency = sometime after Spring 2021.
so the last piece of this puzzle is "why is Mount Dennis and Yonge being done last after the other stations are completed"?

Remember that Yonge also involves MOVING the current Line 1 station north by a good half station length. That's not an easy task on an operating subway line.
ok so what will make it easier to do in 4 years then starting now (well once tunnelling to Yonge is complete? But what about Mount Dennis? There is no subway there now

ok so what will make it easier to do in 4 years then starting now (well once tunnelling to Yonge is complete? But what about Mount Dennis? There is no subway there now

There is an active railway overhead at the Mount Dennis Station location. In addition, there will be connections to the maintenance yards on the former Kodak lands next door to it, and the maintenance yards & buildings as well.

I'm not going down without a fight.

Fairbank exists :)

- Paul

(From Facebook - Vintage Toronto)
Screen Shot 2016-03-11 at 10.11.56 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-11 at 10.11.56 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-11 at 10.11.56 AM.png
    581.6 KB · Views: 1,026
hurray, that's my stop. I do not see the MPP or councillor in that photo though. Guess we will need to get prepared for development along keele. The old court house on Keele (south of Lawrence ) is up for sale. Humber Hospital on Keele already sold.

I am still trying to understand why 5 years to construct. I thought it takes 3 years to build stations. At Metrolinx meeting last week they sais 25 years

Courthouse? Which building was that?

screen-shot-2016-03-10-at-1-16-30-pm-png.69576

"We're going down folks. Down into the ground to build more transit. You know what else is going down? My SmartTrack plan. Right down into the toilet."
That's what the councillor called it. It was where you went to fight parking tickets on 2265 Keele St

Back