News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Fairbank?

Why I think Vaughan Station would be better, see above.

Ironically, the vicinity of Vaughan station is far more Metropolitan than the sprawl above Toronto that they call "Vaughan Metropolitan Centre".

I think Laird is the one in question for Leaside, not Bayview/Eglinton

Edit: nope you're right. Funny how I just assumed Laird would be the Leaside station change.

17739-59354.jpg

The station design principles prioritize an abundance of natural light, as well as spacious layouts that foster intuitive passenger circulation throughout each station.

I'm happy to see Crosslinx learned from TYSSE. The natural light in these stations will probably be the best feature.

17739-59357.jpg

Inside, the stations are designed according to principles of "clarity and simplicity of architectural expression," with clean, minimalist spaces at platform level. Notes of orange colour are visible throughout the renderings (below), knitting together an identity for the upcoming LRT line.

I'm not so impressed with the platform design. ""clarity and simplicity of architectural expression," with clean, minimalist spaces at platform level", sounds exactly like the principles that lead to the designs of Line 2 and Line 4. Orange will apparently be used prominently throughout each station, which I take to mean that each station will share the same colour scheme. It sounds like riding on Line 5 will be a lot like the banal repetitiveness of the Bloor-Danforth and Shepard Line. I'm a little disappointed. I find the unique designs of Dufferin and Pape statios along with almost all the stations on Line 1 to be a welcome relief from the monotony of subway travel. But I'll wait until the final renders before passing judgement. Hopefully Crosslinx will learn from the mistakes of TTC station design by incorporating unique public art and colour into each station.

& Eglinton names make sense where there's already a station of the same name...but makes no sense for others.

Allen and Eglinton need to change.
I don't know why it's not Yonge-Eglinton or even Eglinton-Yonge
Allen is going to be confusing for the YUS...unless they're not even touching that name, which is even more confusing.

Could Leaside work as West Leaside?

Regardless of what they decide, the station needs to be like other ones not named after streets like on the YUS, with the cross-street in smaller type under the station name.

And what, where is Aga Khan?

Thanks. Is there a link to the full slide deck?

Not available publicly as far as I know - DRP presentations generally aren't posted. In any case click on the individual station at the bottom of the linked page - there are a lot more renderings available.

AoD

Based on the rendering of Yonge station, "Eglinton station" must just be a mistake.

& Eglinton names make sense where there's already a station of the same name...but makes no sense for others.?

If people need a reminder they are on Eglinton at every surface station when they're riding on the Eglinton line then they shouldn't be leaving the house without parental supervision.

Back