News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I tell ya, watching this tracker is the feel-good story in the Toronto Transit scene....

- Paul

View attachment 80903

I tell ya...Is there one of us here wondering why the hell this wasn't happening twenty years ago?

I have a colleague who would come to work on GO Stouffville from Kennedy who is currently unwillling to go downtown and come back up to mid-town and jog east over to DVP. I have another who buses down from Caledonia and Eglinton to Dufferin Station rather than bus it straight across to Yonge and Eg and then catch another bus. I think this thing is a hit.

I would rather drink bleach than sign up to the big cyan canary.

I wish for cellular reception from the three major telecoms in underground stations.

Knowing the Big Three well enough, they'd probably bill you a $20 surcharge for subway coverage or consider it roaming. Thank goodness there's an affordable alternative on the market. A relatively few instances of poor reception in certain areas is not enough reason for me to shell out up to $80 per month more to the Big Three than what I pay to Wind.

Knowing the Big Three well enough, they'd probably bill you a $20 surcharge for subway coverage or consider it roaming. Thank goodness there's an affordable alternative on the market. A relatively few instances of poor reception in certain areas is not enough reason for me to shell out up to $80 per month more to the Big Three than what I pay to Wind.
Not everyone pays $80/month on the big 3. Before the CRTC forced 2 year contracts, the big 3 used to have some pretty great plans. I'm on a grandfathered plan for $50/month with Telus, which gives me much better coverage and speed than Wind ever would.

It's legal here, and it's being designed into the Crosstown.

The Queens Quay and Cherry Street right-of-way were designed and supposed to have "grass" on them, but it didn't happen. Why? Must be "illegal" if the EMS and fire department says so. City Council could have forced having grass on the right-of-way, but didn't.

Last edited:
Not everyone pays $80/month on the big 3. Before the CRTC forced 2 year contracts, the big 3 used to have some pretty great plans. I'm on a grandfathered plan for $50/month with Telus, which gives me much better coverage and speed than Wind ever would.

I have a 3 yr corporate plan. Costs me $56 with tax. I'll gladly buy my own phone to keep this plan.

The Queens Quay and Cherry Street right-of-way were designed and supposed to have "grass" on them, but it didn't happen. Why? Must be "illegal" if the EMS and fire department says so. City Council could have forced having grass on the right-of-way, but didn't.

Or maybe it's legal but EMS convinced the city to scrap it.

Or maybe it's legal but EMS convinced the city to scrap it.

That's my understanding of what happened - though it's probably entirely hearsay.

I would guess that Eglinton is wide enough that it shouldn't be as big of an issue.

The city gets the opportunity to comment at the design at various intervals and, since we keep seeing it in the designs, that leads me to believe that they haven't reacted negatively to it yet.

That's my understanding of what happened - though it's probably entirely hearsay.

I would guess that Eglinton is wide enough that it shouldn't be as big of an issue.

The city gets the opportunity to comment at the design at various intervals and, since we keep seeing it in the designs, that leads me to believe that they haven't reacted negatively to it yet.

I can understand maybe in a large scale disaster where all the roads are clogged up, but I have never heard of ambulances or FD use st clair tracks as a jump lane. Has it been done before? I think this and along with many
city council issues is stemmed from worst case fear mongering. Cities like Barcelona Frankfurt and Strasbourg that have these seem to work just A OK......

I've seen maybe one or two ambulances/fire trucks on the ROW. St. Clair's is a problem for emergency services though, as the centre poles make each "lane" quite narrow.

where exactly is the crosstown platform going to be in kenedy sation and does the old post office station on one of the access roads to it factor into it as I've noticed it has fences around it.
It's gonna be just north of the existing subway platforms with a ramp up to the mezzanine level.

I've seen maybe one or two ambulances/fire trucks on the ROW. St. Clair's is a problem for emergency services though, as the centre poles make each "lane" quite narrow.
Spadina doesn't get used much either apparently, my guess would be because it's too hard for them to get out of and they are worried about passing streetcars on the wrong side of the street at high speeds.

Couldn't attend the meeting on the Science Centre station, on July 11th. We can download the presentation within this link.

Was hoping about a provision for a Yonge Relief Line connection that would be an extension up Don Mills from the Pape Station. For those who were there, were there any questions about a Relief Line station box?

Couldn't attend the meeting on the Science Centre station, on July 11th. We can download the presentation within this link.

Was hoping about a provision for a Yonge Relief Line connection that would be an extension up Don Mills from the Pape Station. For those who were there, were there any questions about a Relief Line station box?

There is absolutely no way to know the Relief Line depth or even future building code requirements. Anything built today other than knock-out walls would be a hindrance rather than a benefit.

Back