News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

According to @toronto647, Wednesday announcement means good news.
Based on common sense PR (Public Relations) and Marketing knowledge tomorrows announcement should be good, maybe not amazing good or else would have been earlier in the week. So a luke warm news if I had to guess. If it was terrible/bad news would have come on the Friday.

Then again the PR on this project sucks and they don't operate with common sense imo so this prediction can easily be thrown our the window.

Based on common sense PR (Public Relations) and Marketing knowledge tomorrows announcement should be good, maybe not amazing good or else would have been earlier in the week. So a luke warm news if I had to guess. If it was terrible/bad news would have come on the Friday.

Then again the PR on this project sucks and they don't operate with common sense imo so this prediction can easily be thrown our the window.

Probably an announcement to announce the announcement of the opening announcement.

So basically no new information. More passing the buck to CTS, description of what things need testing, vague numbers for progress (260 previously reported deficiencies only down to about 220 now??).

No projected opening date, planned updates to the public monthly.

Most shocking thing I hadn’t heard before is that groundwater had penetrated some underground stations, I’d really like more details on that issue.

So basically no new information. More passing the buck to CTS, description of what things need testing, vague numbers for progress (260 previously reported deficiencies only down to about 220 now??).

No projected opening date, planned updates to the public monthly.

Most shocking thing I hadn’t heard before is that groundwater had penetrated some underground stations, I’d really like more details on that issue.

That seems like nothing new, for any recent transit project. This is the Second Avenue Subway:

IMG_1194.jpeg

The deeper they build the lines, the higher the pressure, and more chance to leak.

I'd guess Lawrence East would be the worst ever, as it's one of the deepest stations ever built in Toronto, and there are artesian conditions just north of the platform.

Back