Mystery retailer to come in Spring 2017 from a reliable source.

20160910_155336-min.jpg

Attachments

• 20160910_155336-min.jpg
    20160910_155336-min.jpg
    910.8 KB · Views: 1,782
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, they added another segment. This is over 90ft now. It's up to where the old billboards were and together they were 30+60ft of *ad surface*. There was about 10ft between the billboards and a frame.

I suspect that it's the overall size that was measured. Was the previous one 90 feet of ad surface, or 90 altogether? Perhaps it's the structure that matters and not the actual add surface.

Now that the exterior is nearly completed, I must say this is a massive improvement from when this block was Sears.

Say what you want about the build and the quality, but this portion of Yonge looks so much more animated now. Can't wait to see the billboards light up.

Now that the exterior is nearly completed, I must say this is a massive improvement from when this block was Sears.

Say what you want about the build and the quality, but this portion of Yonge looks so much more animated now. Can't wait to see the billboards light up.

It helps that Nordstrom is smaller than the monolith that was Sears. It breaks up the block quite a bit. In the atrium, the same is true. There will now be 4 stores in the atrium instead of 2, with the Nordstrom side pushed deeper into the mall which creates more space in the atrium itself.

So far, it's an improvement over what was there recently but it's absolutely tragic that the pre-H&M atrium was lost.

I second the suggestion that someone made of some sort of activity in the centre of the atrium. A fountain would be fantastic but I'd settle for a large centrepiece sculpture around which people can sit. Plants could help as well. I've noticed that CF has been bringing back some plants throughout the mall. That's one of things that made this place so special. The original Eaton Centre felt like outdoors, while inside.

I wonder how many poel will actually pay attention to anything on this new screen. I personally thing the whole Dundas square area is just ridiculous and am waiting fro when they install a stupid ball to drop on new years eve.

I wonder how many poel will actually pay attention to anything on this new screen. I personally thing the whole Dundas square area is just ridiculous and am waiting fro when they install a stupid ball to drop on new years eve.

You may yet get that - don't expect Waterford crystal though - CadFad's tastes run more $,99 Dollarama.

AoD

I suspect that it's the overall size that was measured. Was the previous one 90 feet of ad surface, or 90 altogether? Perhaps it's the structure that matters and not the actual add surface.

You can see the measurements here: http://clearchanneloutdoor.ca/tec-media-tower.html

60' and 30' for the old boards ad surface only. I'm interested to see what they do with the top area where the old ticker used to be, hopefully it's not left vacant.

Framing is quite nice. Wish the Nordstrom logo above the entrance was centred however to the overhang. Small details though.

Whoa, they moved fast! I was just there <24 hours ago and the signs were not there. Glad to see that the two rectangular screens are up; they're actually taller than the Google screen in TS (90' vs 77'). I wonder if Joe Fresh might be the mystery retailer (it is Canadian)? What about Club Monaco?

Spoke with a couple of Nordstrom employees and found out last weekend was an invitational shopping weekend for "Friends and Family" of employees. I wonder if Uniqlo would do the same.

Last edited:

Back