News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I walked by there again yesterday and the hoarding is indeed for Reiss, but what happened to previously mentioned Brunello Cucinelli? Was I just seeing things a couple weeks ago? Was the lease cancelled at the last minute and Reiss took its place?

There is also a footwear or clothing store opening next to Victoria Secret called Vince Camuto...

I walked by there again yesterday and the hoarding is indeed for Reiss, but what happened to previously mentioned Brunello Cucinelli? Was I just seeing things a couple weeks ago? Was the lease cancelled at the last minute and Reiss took its place?

There is also a footwear or clothing store opening next to Victoria Secret called Vince Camuto...

Can someone tell me where this Cucinelli rumour started?
Vince Camuto seems to be expanding pretty rapidly - Sherway is also getting a store and there's already one at Yorkdale. He's the brains behind Nine West if I'm not mistaken. Or I should say, 'was' the brains behind Nine West - he just recently passed away.

Bruno Cuccinelli is no joke. They sell jackets and duits for thousands of dollars. Just can't see them opening in a mall. Bloor is where they should be if they ever decide to open in Toronto.

Bruno Cuccinelli is no joke. They sell jackets and duits for thousands of dollars. Just can't see them opening in a mall. Bloor is where they should be if they ever decide to open in Toronto.

Cucinelli is definitely looking to open in Toronto, that's a fact. But you're right, they are looking primarily in Yorkville, though Yorkdale is not out of the question if they open in a mall. Eaton Center is not likely I don't think - but you never know.

Bruno Cuccinelli belongs in Yorkville with the other ultra high-end stores like Kiton.

Can someone tell me where this Cucinelli rumour started?
Vince Camuto seems to be expanding pretty rapidly - Sherway is also getting a store and there's already one at Yorkdale. He's the brains behind Nine West if I'm not mistaken. Or I should say, 'was' the brains behind Nine West - he just recently passed away.

Oh, sorry, that's my bad. I confused the two.

hoarding through the old Sears to the mall lists these stores:

H&M
Tumi
Ever New
Saje
Oak & Fort
Rudsack
Thomas Sabo
L'Occitane
Champs Sports
Pandora

That new hallway through the old Sears seems to be the actual configuration of that future part of the mall; it has the same flooring and finishes as elsewhere.

That new hallway through the old Sears seems to be the actual configuration of that future part of the mall; it has the same flooring and finishes as elsewhere.

Indeed! It was surreal walking through there because it feels like it has always been that way. Looks like stores could open in there tomorrow, but I believe the hoarding indicates that those stores will open September 2015. I imagine the H&M expansion would open ahead of that, though.

hoarding through the old Sears to the mall lists these stores:

H&M
Tumi
Ever New
Saje
Oak & Fort
Rudsack
Thomas Sabo
L'Occitane
Champs Sports
Pandora

Is there potential for street presence or access for some of these retailers?

It is very exciting to see the variety of stores expanding in the Eaton Centre. I much prefer the multitude of smaller retailers over one big Sears.

It is very exciting to see the variety of stores expanding in the Eaton Centre. I much prefer the multitude of smaller retailers over one big Sears.

Agreed. Mind you, I would have liked to see a Simons in the mix as well.

I walked this new hallway. Even now in its empty state, it does so much for truly bringing the Eaton Centre to Yonge & Dundas. You don't have to walk through a store (Sears) to get to the mall's Y&D entrance. It'll be fully realized once the street level corridor does the same flanked by great brands like the Apple Store, Nordstrom and Uniqlo.

Back