Does anyone know what is the estimated occupancy slated for emerald city (tower 1) ?

Last edited by a moderator:
According to sales office (today) ... construction is to start in 2010, estimated occupancy to begin late 2011

(I kind of wonder how accurate this info is though)

According to sales office (today) ... construction is to start in 2010, estimated occupancy to begin late 2011

(I kind of wonder how accurate this info is though)

not really accurate, IMO. Unless they plan on making it into the Guiness Book of Record for the fastest condominium construction (excavation to completion in one year) :D

Anyways, i'm starting to have mix feelings about this project (in a good way). I love the design (more of the interior) and the standard ceiling height.

However, I'm not really sure if i like being surrounded by rental apartments in the suburb. Also, i still can't figure out how i can justify the cost of these units, especially in the suburbs. Downtown, i can rent it out to Visa students or Professionals. But here, i'm really not sure who i can rent it out to, to even come close to being on par with the expense.

I still don't think this area is anywhere as intense as places along Highway 7.

There is that 40 storey concrete tower (+ 5 basement) in Atlanta that was topped out in nine months and completed 6 months later

Last edited:
Pictures from July 28th sales office visit.

3773815150_bb6d111983_b.jpg

3773814652_29c8fc4851_b.jpg

arrr pretty pictures .... thanks probey !

that's what we need to spruce up this thread ... nice green grass :) ... the thread was otherwise getting a little 'dry' with all the text~ LOL

I see El-Ad is making good progress on construction of the first two rental replacement buildings (bldgs A2 + D1), that's a good sign leading towards the start of construction for Emerald City Tower 1

286 units sold out of 478. It is 59.8% sold.
While I was there around 3pm the rep told me that they just sold another 8 units today.
That should bring the ratio over 61%. It was so busy over there today. I gotta wait 30 mins just to signed an amendment. When do you think the builder will start to build? Do they have to wait until they sold at least 75% out of it?

The building on the first picture is going right?
I think the building on the 2nd picture will stay, but they will renovate the building.

The y-shape tower will stay, but the dark brown ones right at the intersection of Don Mills and Sheppard will go away.

The y-shape tower will stay, but the dark brown ones right at the intersection of Don Mills and Sheppard will go away.
they Y tower is the one on the second picture right?

How about the one on the first pic? I believe it's going too right?

they Y tower is the one on the second picture right?

How about the one on the first pic? I believe it's going too right?

There are 2 y-shaped towers, one closer to the sales office, another one across the otherside of the road. Both of them will stay. The only one will go is the shorter dark brown ones.

You can refer to the proposed project map posted by Solaris in page 8. Block A2 and D1 are now under construction and the y-shaped building A9 will remain untouched.

There are 2 y-shaped towers, one closer to the sales office, another one across the otherside of the road. Both of them will stay. The only one will go is the shorter dark brown ones.

You can refer to the proposed project map posted by Solaris in page 8. Block A2 and D1 are now under construction and the y-shaped building A9 will remain untouched.
i thought i read somewhere that they y towers will get makeover. Did you or anyone hear or read about that too?

i thought i read somewhere that they y towers will get makeover. Did you or anyone hear or read about that too?

Yup, I heard about Monica talking about that back then. It is common for existing towers to get a face life to make them blend well with new towers, just like the yellowish brown Daniel towers next to Bayview Village, rental towers next to them were renovated when new towers were built.

It is common for existing towers to get a face life to make them blend well with new towers, just like the yellowish brown Daniel towers next to Bayview Village, rental towers next to them were renovated when new towers were built.

Coincidence only.

Back