Before Summer 2012? Really? That long?

Solaris, do you mean tower 1 will be finished by summer 2012? The sales material states that it will be finished by late 2011, but I don't expect it to be finished by mid 2012.

Summer 2012 is my estimate of the 'earliest' occupancy possible for Emerald City Condos Tower 1 ... I suspect a delay in the magnitude of an additional year is very likely (considering the existing buildings on site are still standing + time required for excavation)

Sales material has a tendency to give a unrealistic occupancy dates I find ~

Any updates on this place in terms of timelines and when they'll get tenants out of the existing rentals? This project will be way behind schedule it seems.

driving by yesterday, I noticed the ~8 storey brown brick rental building at the southeast corner of Don Mills and Sheppard was about 95% vacant ... seems like they've almost moved all tenants out

Last edited:
driving by yesterday, I noticed the ~8 storey brown brick rental building at the southwest corner of Don Mills and Sheppard was about 95% vacant ... seems like they've almost moved all tenants out

I thought they are supposed to tear down only the lower rise right at the corner of the intersection? Are they tearing down one or two the higher rise tower as well?

95% vacant? Where did they move the tenant? I've passed by the building recently, and I did not see people in the new rental building yet.

Any lates updates on the project? They said they are supposed to start breaking ground mid of this year. It looks like they are going really late.

The are not tearing down the high rise buildings, only the 7 storey buildings. I don't know where the tenants would have moved. Logically they would be moved into the new rental buildings once they are completed, which should be within a couple months. If the building is indeed 95% vacant (I don't know how one can come to that conclusiion just by driving by, but whatever) then tenants could have just found some other apartments elsewhere on their own or with the assistance of the rental company.

I drove by teh rental buildings a couple of days ago and while interior work is still being done on the ground floors, I think the other floors are all ready. In fact, I do recall seeing window coverings (horizontal blinds) in one unit on maybe the third or fourth floor of the eastern building so perhaps occupancy has begun.

When they are going to start bringing in the big guns to demolish the apartment buildings? It's already August now. :(

I actually spoke to a tenant from the rental building who already moved in into the new rental building. She said that they all were supposed to move out by the end of July, but it got delayed. She said that there are some resident who will be staying in the old rental building until September. She said most likely the one who delayed the moving is the builder.
I don't understand why it is taking so long for them just to move out from the building. I assume they already have electricity and plumbing running, since some of them already moved in into the new building.

I was in on sunday, I was told construction should start in september. Its been a really long wait for them to start and I don't think the completion date will be June 2012. I just hope its done before 2011. Fingers Crossed!

I can't believe it that they haven't started to demolish the building. I have a feeling it is going to be delayed again :(

The low rise rentals that need to be torn down do look vacant now. When driving along Don Mills over this past week-end I also noted a mountain of garbage outside one of the buildings that included beds, sofa's, etc. I suspect that these may have been items left in the units.

Based on where they're at, I don't think it's even remotely possible to have occupancy begin in mid 2012. If I had to guess I'd say the earliest closing you'll hear about would be the end of 2012.

indeed ... it normally does take minimum 2 years to construct a high rise residential tower (plus time for demolition of existing bldgs in addition)

How do I assign the purchase to someone else? Do I need a lawyer and a real estate agent to do this? I really don't wanna pay other cost since I have to pay $3500 to assign the unit to someone else. I guees this is the only way to get out from the contract, right?

This project is just taking too long now. I still don't see any sign of process tearing the old apartment down. :(

In the contract isn't there a delivery time line? Surely the contract isn't written that the developer can wait for decades without starting the project.

Back