I've got a called from the builder last Sat and they are asking me to provide them the mortage pre-approval to them within 2 weeks of time.The lady told me the project is still on, I guess they are trying the best to have someone to finance them the project.

It seems everything is back on tract again as emails and letters go to buyers asking for mortgage approval letter. Apparently they will start to built the east tower in summer 2010.

Emerald Park sent out a letter to buyers to inform the financing for the project has been arranged. They are in the process of finalizing their working drawings and obtaining all the necessary permits from the city in order to start construction. They expect city council to formally approve the zoning application this spring and construction to start this summer.

Heard a rumour that this project has to be join venture with Tridel.

If both Bazis Int'l and Tridel are going to be join venture on this project and this is very great news. Hope that's true. Tridel is a big builder in Ontario and we don't need to worry about financing issue because Bazis Int's has the bad reputation from Bloor1.

On March 9th Bazis was to present its case to city council to get permits to build this building. Have they received those permits? Any updates? Is this building going ahead? All I read here is speculation any News?

As a purchaser I have not received any letters from the builder since last august - it was a letter suggesting they were going ahead with the building and that they'd like us (the purchaser) to refer buyers to them for Crystal Blu

refer buyers to Bazis ?? that's something I would never do !!

Looks like there is another city council meeting on next month, the city wants them to convert some residence unit to commerical unit.

On March 9th Bazis was to present its case to city council to get permits to build this building. Have they received those permits? Any updates? Is this building going ahead? All I read here is speculation any News?

As a purchaser I have not received any letters from the builder since last august - it was a letter suggesting they were going ahead with the building and that they'd like us (the purchaser) to refer buyers to them for Crystal Blu

Can I ask what incentive they gave you to refer new buyers? Was it free parking or upgrades or something? If not this company feels more and more like some SHADY biz or mob like entity to me...

Shady my ass.....come-on guys, give it up on bashing Bazis.

you can't blame people for bashing Bazis considering the way it operates, the mess they've left @ 1BE, and that fact that Bazis fails to provide notifications / updates to purchasers

Shady my ass.....come-on guys, give it up on bashing Bazis.

What are you talking about? Bazis is quite clearly among the shadiest developers discussed in this forum.

What are you talking about? Bazis is quite clearly among the shadiest developers discussed in this forum.

How so? Do you mean how Lehman Brothers went belly up, taking the financing for 1BE with it? That makes Bazis unlucky, not shady. Crystal Blu has already topped out, and this one appears to have financing in place and is ready to start construction, once the City has issued the needed permits.

^Drive by Bazis HQ sometime. A Russian penny stock scam had an office across the street 3 years ago, which is why I know the area (I investigate scams.)

Does this HQ inspire confidence?

Another suspicious aspect of Bazis--the wiki entry claims they have 13,000 employees, yet the company couldn't even finance 1 Bloor East? As well, their Canada operations are run by Mr and Mrs Gold--Michael Gold's wife was head of sales for 1 Bloor. Very "in the family" know what I'm saying...?

Last edited:

Back