The curve would have been more dramatic if the truss section was a lot more taller compared to the spine, like in the renderings.

When has Bazis been 100% true to their renderings,... or for that matter, any developer???

For West Tower, the curved section is taller than the spine. Once that 2-level steel HSS truss is covered on one side with glass it'll act as a huge sail to catch the wind,... so the larger it becomes, the more worrisome it becomes. Also, since the curve side concaves, one can imagine that the glass on different floors would heat up and expand differently and thus might be more prone to cracking or breaking. Another issue with the concave design is reflecting the sunlight into a focal point that could literally melt a car as was done by a building in London, UK.

For the taller East Tower, it's curved section will protrude less and be less dramatic since the spine will be about 6m higher.

Thanks for the updates sunnyraytoronto, it will be interesting to see the spine with all the glass installed to see how the full curve looks finished.

This condo project is looking impressive! It has truly transformed the landscape of North York and will be a defining landmark, gateway, and icon to the NYCC. This project's trademark curve, shimmering green glass, and architectural design is like no other condo project in the GTA; truly impressive and unique. This distinct project boast what few, if not any project in the GTA can hold claim to; Underground access to 2 subway lines, a full size grocery chain (METRO), a mid size food court, an LCBO, a Starbucks, Corporate offices, and retail shopping with over 50 retailers.

I don't believe there is any condo project in the GTA, including downtown Toronto that can hold claim to the full service offering being provided to condo residents at Emerald Park. This developer has really nailed on the head what it is condo residents across the GTA are looking for; location, conveniance, shopping, transit, and entertaiment.

In the last few days on West Tower, they've been stacking shipping trailer containers on top of the cement slab roof within the 2-level steel HSS truss. I'm hoping these "shipping trailer containers" will open up soon and brand new large screen flat panel TVs will parachute down to my backyard,.. LOL! In reality, they're more likely rooftop HVAC units.

DanWaring, the shorter West Tower needs 2-level steel HSS truss to complete the top of the curve side. But the top of the curve side for the taller East Tower will not protrude from the building as much, so will it also need a steel truss structure? Or could it be done with cement slabs? We'll find out in a few weeks.

I'm also wondering, how they'll ever clean the windows near the top of the curve side. On the 31-storey West Tower, the curve side starts to protrude from the rest of the building near the 25th floor; so I would expect some anchors for window washing equipment around there eventually. But how are they going to wash the windows up above? If they hang off any higher floors, they'll never reach the building due to the curve of the building!

If you look carefully, you'll noticed they're building 3 series of vertical rectangular groves along the top of the curve side at the 2-level steel HSS truss and the top cement slab of mechanical ceiling. Each rectangular grove has at least one fixed ladder built with it. What are they for? Are these for a window washing access???

BTW, Scorpio,... look across the street,.. it's called Tridel Hullmark Centre. ;) As for EmeraldPark 50 retailers,... that first level retail floor is full of Pacific Mall type washroom size stores,... I'm surprised this developer didn't manage to pack in 100 stores by cutting the size of the stores to closet size.

Attachments

• IMG_8263.jpg
    IMG_8263.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 693
  • IMG_8262.jpg
    IMG_8262.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 697
Last edited:
Those grooves or indentations seem to line up with the balconies of the towers so perhaps they are there to match the balconies somehow.

Is Hullmark the only example you can muster up? As impressive as this development is, it's right outside the door of Emerald Park. Condo residents of Emerald Park will be happy to enjoy not only the robust service offerings available to them in their own bulding, but also the diverse retail offerings available across the street at both Hullmark Center & Sheppard Center. Again, few if not any condo project in the GTA can hold claim the full service offerings being provided to to these condo residents.

DanWaring, the shorter West Tower needs 2-level steel HSS truss to complete the top of the curve side. But the top of the curve side for the taller East Tower will not protrude from the building as much, so will it also need a steel truss structure? Or could it be done with cement slabs? We'll find out in a few weeks.

On the curved side of the building the last concrete slab has been poured. It would require very deep beams to have the next floor out of concrete since the distance each slab steps out goes up exponentially, the last concrete slab is already stepping out over 4' beyond the slab and walls below it. So the next level will be HSS truss, it will be similar to west tower but I'm not sure if it will be as high.

Is Hullmark the only example you can muster up? As impressive as this development is, it's right outside the door of Emerald Park. Condo residents of Emerald Park will be happy to enjoy not only the robust service offerings available to them in their own bulding, but also the diverse retail offerings available across the street at both Hullmark Center & Sheppard Center. Again, few if not any condo project in the GTA can hold claim the full service offerings being provided to to these condo residents.
What about Maple Leaf Square? It has ground floor retail, a Longo's, corporate offices, a wide range of amenities, a vibrant public gathering place, right across the street from the ACC as well as Union station, better views, and is located within walking distance to downtown which has plenty of attractions and shopping.

This condo project is looking impressive! It has truly transformed the landscape of North York and will be a defining landmark, gateway, and icon to the NYCC. This project's trademark curve, shimmering green glass, and architectural design is like no other condo project in the GTA; truly impressive and unique. This distinct project boast what few, if not any project in the GTA can hold claim to; Underground access to 2 subway lines, a full size grocery chain (METRO), a mid size food court, an LCBO, a Starbucks, Corporate offices, and retail shopping with over 50 retailers.

I don't believe there is any condo project in the GTA, including downtown Toronto that can hold claim to the full service offering being provided to condo residents at Emerald Park. This developer has really nailed on the head what it is condo residents across the GTA are looking for; location, conveniance, shopping, transit, and entertaiment.

Don't tell me. You're working as an summer intern at Bazis and this is your first assignment. Well done!! If you are lucky the boss may pat you on the head as he walks by.

How about 1 Bloor East, a premiere address at the interchange of 2 real subway lines, as for retail - Apple flagship store is rumoured,... another Bazis project,.... no, wait, 1 Bloor East isn't a Bazis project,... anymore! Bazis messed up that project long ago. BAITED advertised condos starting in the 200K but after people lined up for a week to buy, just before the sales office first open they SWITCHED sale price to 400K,... then Karma kicked in and Bazis themselves couldn't get financing for their flagship project. Now the only way Bazis could do a project is by "taking on partners".

Scorpio1, lets examine EmeraldPark more closely,... this developer cut corner with poorer quality exterior glass and panels, an entire floor for condo residents amenity has been reduced by 2/3 of original (original rendering had entire 3rd floor dedicated to condo amenity now its about 1/3 of 4th floor), half of the 50 retailers in those Pacific Mall type washroom size stores WILL be out of business within a year of opening (the original Loblaws T&T anchor bailed because Bazis took too long to deliver; now these 50 little mom&pop Asian Pacific Mall type stores will surely fail - the stores are partition so small and failure rate will be so high that eventually they'll become flea market), the food court is at the west end of the retail level along Beecroft and will struggle to survive (west end food court in lower concourse of North York City Centre died years ago and had to be relocated), the Starbuck is a kiosk type like at a gas station, as for Metro,... how did Metro do when it was on the other side of Yonge Street,... the higher density side? At their busiest time, you might see a quarter of their cash checkout open and rarely more than 3 people in line. As for the LCBO store,... I can't really complain against any LCBO store. ;) Well, except that I'm going have to drag my drunkass up to the second level,... it should be on the first floor by the doors on Yonge,.. change location with the bank!

Those grooves or indentations seem to line up with the balconies of the towers so perhaps they are there to match the balconies somehow.

Good observation Benito! I think you're correct.

I confused because all the residential floors and mechanical floor didn't have this gap since,... that's because the "gap" would be filled with cement floor for balcony. But obviously, the top cement slab floor (roof of mechanical room) and 2 level steel HSS truss has this gap since they don't have balcony floors.

Last edited:
I'm surprised at the mention of an LCBO store. Is that confirmed? I wrote to them a few months back and they said they had no plans to open a store in this area.

Back