I'm surprised at the mention of an LCBO store. Is that confirmed? I wrote to them a few months back and they said they had no plans to open a store in this area.

Perhaps the LCBO staff you spoke to was sampling the inventory. ;) Anyways, confirmed.

Pips, call up Starbucks and see if they'll confirm they'll be at EmeraldPark. The Starbucks is more of a kiosk format with a counter near a corner - not a full size Starbucks.

Confusion might be due to the format of the store. The entire 2nd floor will be open space Metro, a new type of Metro,... yeah, I know, Metro is boring, so a new Metro is like a pig with makeup, it's still a pig! But let's face it, after a couple of beer, Miss Piggy looks hot! LOL!

Anyways, the Metro will be a different type of Metro,... more market type format with open space concept,... LCBO and Starbucks will also be on 2nd floor with Metro,... in an open space concept. Basically no walls between them. Pips, if you're a local, you know how the nearby ESSO gas station is set up with TimHorton inside the OnTheRun ESSO convenience store,... they share the same store with no walls between them,.. but you pay different cashiers. The Loblaws at Yonge Street & Yonge Boulevard used to have an RichTree Marche-Movenpick inside a corner of the Loblaws with it's own cashier,... Many Chapter stores have Starbucks inside with their own cashier and no walls separating the two stores,... get it,... open space concept - no walls.

The EmeraldPark 2nd floor Metro will have LCBO in open space format with no solid walls separating the two,... likely only some kind of shelving/display dividers,... LCBO section will have it's own cashier. Metro opens 24 hours but LCBO does not so there might be those fold-able walls to close off the LCBO section.

BTW, some of the small mom&pops Asian retailers bailed from first floor Pacific Mall type stores because original anchor Loblaws T&T bailed from EmeraldPark,... thus, some of the first floor retail space is available (originally sold out),....

I just confirmed with LCBO they are indeed opening a location here. It can't be more than three months since I wrote to them as to any expansion plans at Yonge and Sheppard and they responded with a definite no. Today they told me the decision was made based on their collection of postal codes from purchasers. I have certainly done my part in that regard!

I just confirmed with LCBO they are indeed opening a location here. It can't be more than three months since I wrote to them as to any expansion plans at Yonge and Sheppard and they responded with a definite no. Today they told me the decision was made based on their collection of postal codes from purchasers. I have certainly done my part in that regard!

We reported on this in April, so it is nothing new. http://urbantoronto.ca/news/2014/04/emerald-park-condos-bringing-ample-retail-yonge-and-sheppard

Ok everybody,... once the LCBO opens at EmeraldPark, we'll all have a beer and chill out!

Anyways, this morning they started cutting up the road along north side of Poyntz at west side of Yonge (ie south east corner of EmeraldPark). They're digging up that area for the EmeraldPark TTC subway tunnel connection from south-east corner of EmeraldPark to south (Poyntz) entrance of Sheppard-Yonge subway station. Subway entrance connection won't be finish until early 2015 (but expect delays as usual).

The temporary cement high-wall fence barrier along Poyntz basically marks where the southern side of the tunnel connection will be underground. The old TTC stairway entrance (blocked off now with wooden barriers) will become pressure air vent.

Directly on top of the new tunnel connection will be the a new westbound traffic lane to widen Poyntz Avenue - it'll line up better with the new westbound Anndale Drive extension. Not sure when this road widening will finish,...

Attachments

• IMG_8283.jpg
    IMG_8283.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 1,040
The architectural design of these two towers is just quite simply phenomenal! Nothing like this has ever been seen to grace the skyline of Toronto with such beauty. It has been all about the details; stylish contemporary, elegant, leading-edge, avant garde, and chic. Residents will enjoy a state of the art gym with yoga and pilates, an indoor swimming pool leading on to an outdoor terrace with cabanas, a party room with pool tables and games, a bar lounge with comfortable seating and spectacular views of downtown Toronto. Suites will feature exclusive European cabinetry and for the first time ever in North York a complete Miele appliance package, only reserved for high end luxury condominiums. Miele is internationally known to have a reputation for high quality and innovation.

The developer is known to be a green builder who will bring sustainability and environmental friendly choices to this development. All suites will be highly energy efficient using the most advanced technology for energy savings which is good news for residents who are keen in keeping their hydro bills low.

Residents of Emerald Park will enjoy not only the wonderful features and amenities available to them within their own building, but also the lifestyle that surrounds them on Yonge street with shops, theatres, cultural entertainment and restaurants. Quite simply Fabulous!

The architectural design of these two towers is just quite simply phenomenal! Nothing like this has ever been seen to grace the skyline of Toronto with such beauty. It has been all about the details; stylish contemporary, elegant, leading-edge, avant garde, and chic. Residents will enjoy a state of the art gym with yoga and pilates, an indoor swimming pool leading on to an outdoor terrace with cabanas, a party room with pool tables and games, a bar lounge with comfortable seating and spectacular views of downtown Toronto. Suites will feature exclusive European cabinetry and for the first time ever in North York a complete Miele appliance package, only reserved for high end luxury condominiums. Miele is internationally known to have a reputation for high quality and innovation.

The developer is known to be a green builder who will bring sustainability and environmental friendly choices to this development. All suites will be highly energy efficient using the most advanced technology for energy savings which is good news for residents who are keen in keeping their hydro bills low.

Residents of Emerald Park will enjoy not only the wonderful features and amenities available to them within their own building, but also the lifestyle that surrounds them on Yonge street with shops, theatres, cultural entertainment and restaurants. Quite simply Fabulous!

Really????, more of this about how the developers are soooooo great... sustainable, environmentally friendy....... and how this is the "king" of all projects all because of an lcbo and metro? this project features low ceiling heights, small suites, cheap looking glass, and a much smaller curve than what it should have been.

Yes, that was a heck of lot of hyperbole. I don't even think it is Leed certified in any way (so I am not sure how "green" this builder is, let alone the building).

I do like the base of the building. My only fear is that the glass will be cluttered with signs for the stores. Here's hoping that the signage is on the inside of the glass, as opposed to cluttering the outside.

How much were you paid to write your spiel?

talking-toilet-paper_480x480.jpg

Attachments

• talking-toilet-paper_480x480.jpg
    talking-toilet-paper_480x480.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 1,129

Back