Or, they are reducing the number of floors thereby reducing the required parking.

They are not reducing the number of floors: many condos in central Toronto are finding that the number of spaces mandated by the City are more than are needed to satisfy purchasers of units in the buildings these days.

Interior demolition has started.

fivea04.jpg

With Yonge Street being so busy today, there were so many people walking up and down the alleys behind Yonge Street.

Couples hand in hand, some people practicing lacrosse, people walking home from work or the grocery store. And the sections that were newly bricked from the last decade or so were so nice. So great to see people using the alley on a nice day when Yonge's sidewalks were very busy. This project should compliment that even further.

During the day? Or you mean after work?

Most of the people you're find are locals, which is great! i.e. there are so many people living downtown now. And this trend will only continue.

Interior demolition has started.

Great shot, I noticed that yesterday. The area in front of former FIVE is all fenced off and more garbage loaders are out front. This is one of a half dozen projects on the books that I'm most looking forward to.

Congrats to Graywood, MOD, and Hariri Pontarini, Five has won the highrise project of the year at tonight's BILD awards....

Congrats to Graywood, MOD, and Hariri Pontarini, Five has won the highrise project of the year at tonight's BILD awards....

Correction:

FIVE won four top awards:

-Highrise Project of the Year
-Highrise Design of the Year
-Best Sales Centre
-Best Model Suite

Help me out here: why is a shoring crane parked on site before access to the site interior is opened up? With all the demo that needs to occur, it looks like it's in the way!

Help me out here: why is a shoring crane parked on site before access to the site interior is opened up? With all the demo that needs to occur, it looks like it's in the way!

The shoring crane is there to construct the foundations for the frame that will support the historic facade.

Back