This project started well before the Great Gulf era at One Bloor.

No...it was after. I bought on opening weekend at FIVE, which was May 24th. 1 bloor had been up and selling for a couple months or so before that. They have started construction at FIVE within 1 year of the opening of the sales office, which is what you like to see.

I bet 1 Bloor drags on forever.......

No...it was after. I bought on opening weekend at FIVE, which was May 24th. 1 bloor had been up and selling for a couple months or so before that. They have started construction at FIVE within 1 year of the opening of the sales office, which is what you like to see.

I bet 1 Bloor drags on forever.......

Sales may have started earlier at GG's One Bloor, but FIVE began its life much earlier as a development project. GG only bought the land at One Bloor in the fall of 2009, whereas FIVE has been in the works since 2008, if not earlier.

I bet One Bloor will start within the next couple of weeks.

Last edited:
That house is looking real good with that ugly rear addition gone.

fivem25.jpg

That house is looking real good with that ugly rear addition gone.

When I was walking by there the other day I noticed that the building next to the one you refer to (above Pizzaville) has no roof anymore. You can see this through the two upper windows.

Sales may have started earlier at GG's One Bloor, but FIVE began its life much earlier as a development project. GG only bought the land at One Bloor in the fall of 2009, whereas FIVE has been in the works since 2008, if not earlier.

I bet One Bloor will start within the next couple of weeks.

I wouldn't draw the line in the sand for when GG bought the land. Obviously a ton of development work had been done by Bazis, and i've no doubt GG used a lot of it. For example, all the buildings had already been domolished and the land was clear. Let's not cut any slack to 1 bloor. That project has been on the board for eons!

Looking forward to following the progression of this project.

Correction:

FIVE won four top awards:

-Highrise Project of the Year
-Highrise Design of the Year
-Best Sales Centre
-Best Model Suite

They sent us all a notice on this. Actually 2...just got another today. Makes you feel very proud to be a part of this. It's not seen as another klunky dismal grey box! lol.

Forgive my ignorance but are the buildings along Yonge being torn down and then rebuilt? Or are they remaining there?

And if they are not being demolished, does the developer not want to make the best use of the space underneath them for the parking garage?

Back