^ This has been mentioned many, many times in the past and I guess the big question is, where does DCN get their info from, they don't just make it up.

Last edited:
^ This has been mentioned many, many times in the past and I guess the big question is, where does DCN get their info from, they don't just make it up.

""What do you mean I am on the list of bidders for that project"" can be heard when you call up to submit your tender price as a sub to general contractors, project managers or developers, when they are not bidding on it in the first.

Then, you will find out that you fail to submit your tender price to the low bidder as they were never on the bidder list in the first place.

Then you will get the wrong closing date.

This false or lack of correct information has been on going since I started in the game years ago.

Got to find something to be printed in the paper that is right or wrong to fill the space.

In the 70's:

stjosephcorner.jpg

Demolition continues on the back of the old retail outlets & apartments that face Yonge Street

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Demolition continues on the back of the old retail outlets & apartments that face Yonge Street

Did you noticed there were no one on site yesterday?? I didn't see anyone when I did a 360 photo shot about 10:30 am.

Will post on Thursday some rear shots that I have never taken before on Wed.

We almost got the same angle shots.

An archival photo from the early 90's of the link between the Yonge Street buildings and 5 St. Joseph, that is currently being demolished:

stjoseph1980s.jpg

Last edited:
Hi thecharioteer

The condo in the background "1001 Bay Street" at the corner of St Joseph Street was completed in 1991 by Strasscorp Holdings.

Also in the background is 24 Wellesley St. W condo completed in 1991.

This would make the archival photo from the early 90's.

Last edited:
Hi thecharioteer

The condo in the background "1001 Bay Street" at the corner of St Joseph Street was completed in 1991 by Strasscorp Holdings.

Also in the background is 24 Wellesley St. W condo completed in 1991.

This would make the archival photo from the early 90's.

Correction noted!

In the 70's:

stjosephcorner.jpg

The New Orleans Cafe, if I recall correctly - an early example of public commercial gay space, as opposed to the bars hidden down laneways west of Yonge, and anticipating what later happened on Church Street - although, in the early '70s there was already plenty of milling about on the sidewals outside the nearbye club Manatee.

The New Orleans Cafe, if I recall correctly - an early example of public commercial gay space, as opposed to the bars hidden down laneways west of Yonge, and anticipating what later happened on Church Street - although, in the early '70s there was already plenty of milling about on the sidewals outside the nearbye club Manatee.

That's how I also remember that Cafe from the 80's through until about the mid to late 90's, and it was very popular.

I've lived in quite a few different apartments & condos over the years and as much as I love Yonge Street downtown, I never lived in one of those apartments above the shops. Always wanted to though.
Excellent shots drum!

I've lived in quite a few different apartments & condos over the years and as much as I love Yonge Street downtown, I never lived in one of those apartments above the shops. Always wanted to though.
Excellent shots drum!

The upper floors of the Yonge Street heritage buildings will be residential.

StJoseph-II_YongeStSW_ViewC01_HR022.jpg

Back