Guess who was right again? (Me.:)) I knew prices would have to be lowered! Now Regent Park looks over-priced. (btw, it appears that sub-$200k condos are selling very well this month, good move by the developer.)

Hehe, well, the new pricing announcement comes with the announcement of "new floorplans", which I expect will feature new, "compact" units for the single professional on the go.

Guess who was right again? (Me.:)) I knew prices would have to be lowered! Now Regent Park looks over-priced. (btw, it appears that sub-$200k condos are selling very well this month, good move by the developer.)

I am pretty sure those $159.000 condos are just 300 sq ft bachelors. all units in downtown under $200k are bachelors.

Last edited:
Hehe, well, the new pricing announcement comes with the announcement of "new floorplans", which I expect will feature new, "compact" units for the single professional on the go.

Are any of the original floorplans already available to view?

They did some rebranding a week or two ago putting up new signs with "Empire Communities" all over the place which I had never seen mentioned before.

Size of the suites would matter, sure (1BR, Bach, Broom Closet) but 159 000 is the lowest I've seen for preconstruction prices in the downtown core in a long time. In fact I think it was in the early 2000's that I saw some Cityplace units priced between 99 000 and 129 000. Other than that everything has been in the 170 000 range.

I'm actually somewhat intrigued now...

Iteration 3 of the design is better than 2 was in my estimation, and it seems to present a reasonably handsome box with alternately staggered balconies. 2 was a holdover from the original, freshest design, clinging on to bits of number 1's wonderfully, crazily angled chunks, without really celebrating them the way number 1 did.

In this economy, it's all in the name of The Cheapeningâ„¢ of course, but I actually think that by removing number 2's diminished, less muscular angled bits, that The Cheapeningâ„¢ has improved the building this time, as it's no longer pretending to be something it isn't: this time The Cheapeningâ„¢ has made a clean, honest box of Fly.

Still, I do wish we'd had the wonderfully over-packaged original to squawk about, I mean discuss. If number 3 gets built, it will likely disappear from the scene by blending in perfectly.

Yep its true. Get ready for a re-launch of Fly (insert play on words here).

They are only about 25% sold. They had to do something.

They say that the redesign of the building means significant savings in construction which they are passing on to buyers. Also, they are chopping up many of the larger units into smaller units.

Even though they have been selling for close to a year, they claim they never did an official grand opening so that is what they will be doing May 9 (with other VIP events happening before that).

I haven't seen the new price list yet but word is average prices will be mid $400s. They want to appear as a bargain versus ICE or 300 Front or Parade IMO.

Lots of buzz about the $159K starting price. But of course it will probably be just for a couple 350 sq foot units and the rest will all be over $200K IMO.

$160,000 for 400 sf is a great price, I hope they do well with the new launch.

By comparison a 345 sf unit at London on the Esplanade is $220,000!

$160,000 for 400 sf is a great price, I hope they do well with the new launch.

By comparison a 345 sf unit at London on the Esplanade is $220,000!

Yikes! With units that size they'should've called it Tokyo on the Esplanade.

Back