Status
Not open for further replies.
If car dealers want to be situated downtown they need to step up their game like they do in Paris. There are at least a half dozen car showrooms on, or next to the Champs Elysees but they're attractive looking, well designed and incorporate mini museums and cafes. Don't see why they can't do that stuff here especially when there's more of a car culture in North America than Europe.

Pic taken Oct 8, 2012

cFKUj.jpg

The second paragraph of the post I responded to had nothing to do with the mini dealership on King. The poster said "and it'll be nice not being greeted by a single storey car dealership for the blandest of autos." and was referring to the corner of Front & Spadina.
Sorry; limitations of written English!

Here's what I meant in bright autumn colours:

"it'll be nice not being greeted by a single storey car dealership (bad to begin with) for the blandest of autos (even worse!)."

^^^ Love that shot. It's like the calm before the storm. The wrecking crew right before the whole building comes down. Then it will be cleared away. Then a big whole will appear in the ground and then up will sprout a brand new building. I wonder if this building had a basement?

Wow. Sure doesn't take long to erase something that's been there for decades. Those machines are the erasers. The destroyers of buildings. So many people and so much time to put it all up and just two guys and their machines to take it all down.

That's what life is after all isn't it. Spend a lifetime doing stuff and one day you're gone for ever. And new people / buildings move in like you never existed.

Good to see the Globe building work starting.

Wow. Sure doesn't take long to erase something that's been there for decades. Those machines are the erasers. The destroyers of buildings. So many people and so much time to put it all up and just two guys and their machines to take it all down.

It definitely gives pure pleasure to see it gone so fast! This kind of suburban structure is not cut for Front/Spadina...

That's what life is after all isn't it. Spend a lifetime doing stuff and one day you're gone for ever. And new people / buildings move in like you never existed.

Wow.....thought the day was going pretty well....now moving into existential funk.....

Well, I was having a good day until I read this.....I guess I'll forgo that box of Krispy Kreme donuts sitting on my desk.

Just kidding, you're absolutely right, Edward!

Well, I was having a good day until I read this.....I guess I'll forgo that box of Krispy Kreme donuts sitting on my desk.

Just kidding, you're absolutely right, Edward!

Wow ... +1 ... broke out the tissues after reading that :)

That's what life is after all isn't it. Spend a lifetime doing stuff and one day you're gone for ever. And then new people move in like you never existed.

That's why people have kids. Leave something here to carry on after they're gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back