Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. End of an era. I'll miss the spinning Red Toyota logo when I look out my window.

They've been on that corner for as long as I can remember.

5 to 10 years is not an era

Wow. End of an era. I'll miss the spinning Red Toyota logo when I look out my window.

They've been on that corner for as long as I can remember.
Nothing says "dense urban downtown core" quite like a car dealership.

Other than "heart string" type things...not much difference between that and spinning LPs that say "buy your Anne Murray records here"!

Yeah, except nobody takes pics of a car dealership sign, while thousands, if not millions of people, have photographed and filmed the Sam's sign. There must be a reason for that, right? (because it was an AWESOME sign) It was probably the best neon sign in Toronto. (and the most iconic)

I want that damned sign back!

Yeah, except nobody takes pics of a car dealership sign, while thousands, if not millions of people, have photographed and filmed the Sam's sign. There must be a reason for that, right? (because it was an AWESOME sign) It was probably the best neon sign in Toronto. (and the most iconic)

I want that damned sign back!

you may have missed something....I was not mocking the Sam's sign (or those that love/miss it)....just helping someone else who took (minor) criticism for anticipating similar feelings for the Toyota sign (sounds like he/she lives in that 'hood and liked the sign).

Signs, like a lot of stuff come down to personal taste. Honest Ed's neon clad building is garrish and ugly and yet I can't imgaine Toronto without it (likely because that was the neighbourhood I spent my first 6 weeks in Canada living in when I was a lad).

Yes, there used to be a downtown Mini dealership (more like a showroom) at King & Spadina in the terrific Cossette building where Patagonia is now. The showroom doubled as an event space. It was actually pretty neat.

I consider Spadina to be one of the city's grandest gateways (certainly coming into town from the Gardiner) and it'll be nice not being greeted by a single storey car dealership for the blandest of autos.

Last edited:
Yes, there used to be a downtown Mini dealership (more like a showroom) at King & Spadina in the terrific Cossette building where Patagonia is now. The showroom doubled as an event space. It was actually pretty neat.

I consider Spadina to be one of the city's grandest gateways (certainly coming into town from the Gardiner) and it'll be nice not being greeted by a single storey car dealership for the blandest of autos.

Wait......so if it was a single storey dealership selling whatever you consider cool cars,,,,,that would be ok?

I don't think that follows. The Mini dealership was at 500 King Street West, in this four storey heritage building.

The second paragraph of the post I responded to had nothing to do with the mini dealership on King. The poster said "and it'll be nice not being greeted by a single storey car dealership for the blandest of autos." and was referring to the corner of Front & Spadina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back