Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news. Looking forward to this corner finally being cleaned up. For a long time it's just been messy. Not sure if anything has been proposed, but I'd really like to see something special on the n/e corner of Spadina and Front, just beside Fly.

Good news. Looking forward to this corner finally being cleaned up. For a long time it's just been messy. Not sure if anything has been proposed, but I'd really like to see something special on the n/e corner of Spadina and Front, just beside Fly.

This is proposed for the Toyota dealership, but I have no idea what the deal with the NE corner is

The new G&M HQ's will be the whole site up to the Stantec Office (the Heritage brick building) on the NE corner.

The Toyota dealership has taken over the property at 524 Front St. next to their Scion location.

The building seems rather small to house the Toyota dealership.

Pic taken August 12, 2012
Got the above info from the parking attendant adjacent to the 524 property.

x5YXQ.jpg

Mods might want to adjust height to 19 storeys.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON

Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 12 232920 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Aug 21, 2012

Project: Multiple Use/Non Residential Shoring

Description: Proposal for shoring and excavation for future 19 storey commercial building. Note : architectural/structural drawings for reference only.

Pic taken Oct 1, 2012

Dismantling has begun.

General Contractor Ellis Don is on the case.

Hf26y.jpg

Wonder how long before 524 Front gets developed and they'll be moving on again

I get my car serviced there......they seem to have been taken by surprise by this and inability to renew their lease and the move to 524 Front was all done in a rush. The word they are giving their clients (at least their service clients) is that this is a short term/temporary move while they find a more suitable/permanent location on the west side of downtown.

I think the future of inner city car dealerships is like what Nissan are doing on the east side. The customer focused parts of the business (sales, service intake) are moving to the ground floor of a condo (510 King East) but the hard/dirty parts of the business (the actual service) is done elsewhere (ie. you bring in the car and they take it somewhere else to repair). For dealerships to find the sort of space that Toyota on Front had is either going to be cost prohibitive or locationally prohibitive (ie. so far out that their are only marginally competitive with the the suburban dealers).

Wow. End of an era. I'll miss the spinning Red Toyota logo when I look out my window.

They've been on that corner for as long as I can remember.

Will be looking forward to seeing this go up though:

urbantoronto-4845-14722.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back