^High Park views are overrated imo. (Most of Toronto is covered in a tree canopy so most ppl in apartment buildings have a view like this, only better because there's more things to look at--pitched roofs, church steeples, highrise buildings etc.)

Anyways, here's what it looks like if you're a dog-walking nimby looking back from the right side of Bloor:
zkhBPox.jpg

hd1C8kC.jpg

7wEd6SR.jpg

3YWAhNT.jpg

tuIu6ti.jpg

8pmolzX.jpg

fNT3nxP.jpg

As promised yesterday, here's part two where we get to really enjoy the views.

I guess the final cladding will make or break this.

^High Park views are overrated imo. (Most of Toronto is covered in a tree canopy so most ppl in apartment buildings have a view like this, only better because there's more things to look at--pitched roofs, church steeples, highrise buildings etc.)

Guaranteed park views forever isn't overrated.

Dunno about nice. Nice was having a quiet little parkette to myself on a Fall day like today. There used to be a chair in this "park" and I'd sit reading UrbanToronto in the shade, birds tweeting away and nimbies chattering about the noise of home renovators. Now I hear the curses of crude construction workers swinging higher into the park booking OT like it's 1984.
fUeP3u6.jpg

What is wrong with you? Go walk in high park. Nobody cares about dumb parkettes next to the largest park in the city.

Last edited by a moderator:
The brick has arrived and so has the snow--damn you lens full zoom ahead!
AqFLPsV.jpg

mYG2rll.jpg

UimvpVa.jpg

EaQGIet.jpg

2y0XjWw.jpg

vRxQy8k.jpg

B1P8RWH.jpg

So far it looks like the crappiest of '60s public schools meets social housing. (Makes Minto's High Park rentals look downright posh.)

Quite a lot has happened here since our last visit a month ago, including a lot more brick going up. Front page story here.

Back