Last night was perfect weather for a long walk.
NmpyNZo.jpg

uJDP0UC.jpg

I love this building, all this whining about how red brick looks institutional is dumb. The cladding carries a vernacular that is established in the area, from the housing to the industrial buildings and heintzman place in the north. It's more subtle than most recent projects, and I would say, much more respectful of the park and the neighbourhood than the towers in high park village.

Neither respects the neighbourhood. Both are developments that are replacing the existing built form with buildings that vastly larger. The old apartment towers have a way of blending in because of their extensive landscaping. I generally dislike towers in the park, but they work well on residential streets with houses.

Gosh, it just gets worse the further along they go...90's social housing anyone?

Really makes this column by John Sewell even more clueless and ignorant.

Quite a difference from the preliminary renders from post 113.

High Park Jail...has a nice ring to it. At least there will be retail on the ground floor.

300+ units on 15 floors is quite dense. Also there are only 3 elevators.

This is definitely one of the worst transgressions by DSAI - all the charm of the COC Richmond facade (or slab portion of Salvation Army Habour Light). Yuck - need to give this one a Razzie.

AoD

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_0204.JPG
    DSC_0204.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 748
  • DSC_0206.JPG