two motions now.

one to approve but with a reverse George Street loop.....and one to stop it at Steeles until further study.

So no resolutions that meet the requirements of the province that the route on the table be approved.

two motions now.

one to approve but with a reverse George Street loop.....and one to stop it at Steeles until further study.

So no resolutions that meet the requirements of the province that the route on the table be approved.

Does this mean that the HMLRT in Brampton will be cancelled, assuming sticks to their word regarding the approval deadline?

One to approve but with a reverse George Street loop.
Wait what does "reverse" mean?
Is that the loop that was proposed as an alignment years ago?
Jeez Brampton, if you wanted the loop there was ample time to say so and not be making decisions past midnight at the 11th hour.

This whole Brampton Council gongshow (I'm watching the live stream right now) is Exhibit A on why politicians don't make good transit planners. If you had a dollar for every time someone in the audience must have face-palmed, I'm sure you could have almost paid for the project by now.

"Reverse loop" motion onto George street fails 6-5.

So LRT stops at Steeles. Which is exactly what the "no" sign always wanted, no matter what they said about always supporting LRT.

Somehow council thinks that they will still have access to funding to support whatever cockamamie route they come up with later.

I can't wait for Del Duca to shoot that down.

Wow Brampton council you are a piece of work.

Council votes 6-5 against HMLRT and Paleschi is also a complete fucking dick.
Reminds me of Mammolitti in more ways than one and that's not something anyone should be proud of.

I hate to sound punitive but man if Toronto could get their hands on that cash for some transit of our own, I wouldn't be the slightest bit remorseful

Wait what does "reverse" mean?
Is that the loop that was proposed as an alignment years ago?
Jeez Brampton, if you wanted the loop there was ample time to say so and not be making decisions past midnight at the 11th hour.
The original loop was West on Wellington...north on George..under rails....east through GO lot...south on Main.

this one is North on Main....and so on...so "reverse"

"Reverse loop" motion onto George street fails 6-5.

So LRT stops at Steeles. Which is exactly what the "no" sign always wanted, no matter what they said about always supporting LRT.

Somehow council thinks that they will still have access to funding to support whatever cockamamie route they come up with later.

I can't wait for Del Duca to shoot that down.

Wow Brampton council you are a piece of work.

I hope his responce looks a little something like this
bd1357c03773797cbc979927aa0551a1.gif

This meeting turned when Councilor Medeiros proposed his motion with the loop.....Mr. Mcuaig of ML indicated that if that passed they would commence building to Steeles and undertake studies and EAs to consider that amended route.

This was contrary to what ML and the Province had said...they had said the vote had to be for the existing route or nothing at all.

When the no side saw this they immediately went to "well, since it is not a take it or leave it and you will consider other routes.....we want you to consider all routes"

What is very inconsistent is that after the Medeiros motion failed.....ML then went back to the "no other routes...it stops at Steeles" position.

No one looked good tonight.

McCauig tried to frame the ML position as it must got to DT Go station using main which gave him leeway to say yes sorta to medeiros. The other Bowman routes were off to fantasy land so its right that he shut that down. And Paleschi was about to support medeiros too until McCuaig gave just that inch of space and the no side went a mile.

Congratulations Brampton on your utterly pathetic debate. Hope you're all satisfied with the result of your staggering stupidity tonight.

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 390
Damn. I was rooting for The Full Hurontari-Mainty (The Full Monty), as by the mid 2020's it would be worth the connectivity enhancements.

If the funding goes back to the province-wide LRT transit pot, and the East Bayfront LRT isn't able to get funded...

...Then I'd suggest 25 percent of the cancellation heads to funding an A-Line LRT stub extension from waterfront to Hamilton St. Joe's hospital, 1km south of the Hamilton GO station. The rest of GTHA could get the rest.

Last edited:

Back