Construction itself is only 3 years. It's the AFP process that takes forever.

Nearly 4 actually....from their own FAQ page ( http://www.metrolinx.com/en/project...ages/documents/Hurontario/HuLRT FAQs - EN.pdf )

Construction is anticipated to begin in late 2018, with expected completion in late 2022.

Is that 3 years including utilities replacements and potential road widening and streetscape improvements?

Yes the whole thing.

I'd like to see a map of where the residents want the stop vs where they are located right now. I can try to do one later but open invitation if anyone wants to post one before me.

The walk from Kingsbridge /Elia to Eglinton is not that far at all. And the LRT platforms if situated south of the Eglinton intersection would make the distance even less dramatic.

I'd like to see a map of where the residents want the stop vs where they are located right now. I can try to do one later but open invitation if anyone wants to post one before me.
Something like this:
FE6B3D15-3360-4BD9-AC67-2BAE98B23698.jpeg

Attachments

• FE6B3D15-3360-4BD9-AC67-2BAE98B23698.jpeg
    FE6B3D15-3360-4BD9-AC67-2BAE98B23698.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 452
Reactions: jys
The walk from Kingsbridge /Elia to Eglinton is not that far at all. And the LRT platforms if situated south of the Eglinton intersection would make the distance even less dramatic.

there are some buildings situated right by the 403 that would benefit from a kingsbridge stop, their walk to eglinton is almost 1km. this stop makes sense for sure it isnt like one of those exessive stops on eglinton east, the density is already there. and its not like they're in between 2 stops, the closest stops to the south are robert speck and the terminal both south of 403.

isn't the flaw here that these people are mixing "lrt" and "transit". When they say:

“If there isn’t a station built here, we’re talking more than 10,000 people living in this hub that would not be adequately served by transit,” said Grant Gorchynski, who has taken lead on the “LRT for Kingsbridge” campaign.

They may not be able to walk out their door and find a LRT stop but there is "transit" and they can take a short bus ride to SQ 1 where there will be an LRT loop for them to connect to.....no?

upload_2018-1-5_12-31-23.png

Also, not clear to me there are 10k people living at Kingsbridge Garden Circle and Hurontario.

Attachments

• upload_2018-1-5_12-31-23.png
    upload_2018-1-5_12-31-23.png
    215 KB · Views: 464
Reactions: jys
I recommend you try walking that distance.

The Eglinton stop is north of Eglinton if I remember correctly.

You need to add the the walking distance to/from Hurontario at Kingsbridge/Ellia and you will soon see its a nice hike for able body people, but not for others. I have seen the business case and its very strong in support of a stop there.

Since the 34 use Kingsbridge at this time and is to be removed in the coming years as well #7 using Ellia Ave, one hell of a walking distance in this bitching cold weather.

There are plans to convert those empty fields as well redevelop the large plaza and others in the area in the coming years. Need to look at 1 km radius for today numbers and the current stops see a large number of riders daily that is equal to the current Eglinton stops.

Last edited:
Here's the track plan from the HMLRT EPA. As Drum noted, the Eglinton platforms (see the pink solid rectangle) are on the north side. I assume the residents want an additional stop either on the north (see A) or south (see B) side of Kingsbridge Garden Circle.

2EcLtJZ

2qvjFhL

The Eglinton stop is planned for south of Eglinton. Google maps puts Eglinton and Kingsbridge 450m apart so probably not exaggeration so let's say 400m (even though more likely 350m and sure as hell not a kilometer).

(Strike the above - I clearly got the orientation of the PDF I was looking at wrong)

Presumably the ask is for a north/west stop at Kingsbridge which realistically would put Eglinton stop on the north/west side also.

Here's the track plan from the HMLRT EPA. As Drum noted, the Eglinton platforms (see the pink solid rectangle) are on the north side. I assume the residents want an additional stop either on the north (see A) or south (see B) side of Kingsbridge Garden Circle.
Presumably Metrolinx don't want B because it would be too close to the 403 ramps?

If we can't get rid of Gardiner East in Toronto presumably getting rid of 403 ramps is laughably unlikely.

^ I also wonder if the changes to how the LRT will cross the 403. The original plan as noted above shows it using the existing bridge and running down the centre. I don't have the source text in front of me but I think I read somewhere they are contemplating a new design for getting over the 403 and one that would be completely separate from the road ROW. Happy to read and clarifications/corrections to my understanding.

My understanding is that much of the more detailed station placements as well as the 403 crossing designs will be done by the consortium designing and building the line (with some input/oversight by Metrolinx and the city). Part of the PPP package.

^ I also wonder if the changes to how the LRT will cross the 403. The original plan as noted above shows it using the existing bridge and running down the centre. I don't have the source text in front of me but I think I read somewhere they are contemplating a new design for getting over the 403 and one that would be completely separate from the road ROW. Happy to read and clarifications/corrections to my understanding.

Replying to myself, here's the passage from a 2017 City of Mississauga staff report:

The work has also included addressing localized design concerns, such as:

- Working with Metrolinx to address outstanding operational concerns on how the HuLRT crosses the Highway 403 corridor and integrates with the roadway on Hurontario Street and also with Rathburn Road. The recommended concept design now proposes a separate rail-only structure across the Highway 403 corridor instead of using the existing bridge structure. The Rathburn Road LRT linkage could remain elevated under this proposal until it has crossed Centre View Drive to ensure maximum flexibility for developing the future Mississauga Transitway project in this area. The City has expressed concerns with how this new proposed structure would appear and function and is continuing to work with Metrolinx to finalize this emerging design element. In addition, understanding how the HuLRT will impact plans for the Downtown Mississauga Mobility Hub area with the GO Bus, MiWay Bus and future Transitway connections has been the focus of a separate but related working group managed by Metrolinx.
Source: page 5 of report 8.3 here.

There will still be local bus service stopping at Knightsbridge/Elia and Hurontario - the 19 will continue to stop there, partly because the LRT won't be offering local service. Neither the 103 nor Zum 502 stop there currently, either.

More importantly for the seniors demanding an LRT stop at Kightsbridge/Elia, the MiWay 5 plan calls for the removal of routes 7 and 34 in 2019, both of which serve the immediate area as well.

Back