A few of the stores here are either closed now, or are having closing sales. Is this one moving ahead?

This is terrible! The podium blocks the view of much of the tower and now they won't restore the clock? That's just ridiculous! I hope this has NOT been approved yet! It needs some major changes.

and now they won't restore the clock? That's just ridiculous!

Yet again I will remind people - an architecture office's process renderings are just that - process work, and renderings. They are not indicative of any actual or finalized architectural treatment. For the clock face to be there in renderings would mean that somebody had to take the time to model or Photoshop the clock face into the images, which is pretty far down the priority list when there's so much more pressing work to do.

As the elevation drawings indicate, the existing clock tower is to remain.

Last edited:
This is terrible! The podium blocks the view of much of the tower and now they won't restore the clock? That's just ridiculous! I hope this has NOT been approved yet! It needs some major changes.

Does it really matter at this point? It's another mind numbing design we'll be saddled with for decades till it can be re-developed into something attractive.

All of the businesses along Grosvenor are now closed and papered over, as is the Mr. Sub and the hair salon.

Interesting trend developing on Yonge between College and Maitland. Grand Flat Columns everywhere!

This project:
Screen shot 2017-04-05 at 8.22.33 PM.png

YC Condos:
yc.jpg

Teahouse 501 Yonge Condos:
Screen shot 2017-04-05 at 8.19.40 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2017-04-05 at 8.19.40 PM.png
    Screen shot 2017-04-05 at 8.19.40 PM.png
    784.9 KB · Views: 531
  • Screen shot 2017-04-05 at 8.22.33 PM.png
    Screen shot 2017-04-05 at 8.22.33 PM.png
    560.7 KB · Views: 520
  • yc.jpg
    yc.jpg
    348.1 KB · Views: 525
In 5-10 years it will look and feel like Yonge Street north of the 401. :(

Though to be honest, that stretch of Yonge has been marginal for a long time - there is nothing to write home about. I'd say the focus should be on preserving the section north of Maitland/Breadalbane and avoid the Five retail outcome.

AoD

Interesting trend developing on Yonge between College and Maitland. Grand Flat Columns everywhere!

This project:
View attachment 104168

YC Condos:
View attachment 104169

Teahouse 501 Yonge Condos:
View attachment 104167

I really do wish Planning would pay more attention to podium design at-grade. If they spent half as much time on those considerations as they did on things like height and separation distance, I think we'd wind up with a consistently more interesting pedestrian experience.

Urban Design tells me that they're not done with this podium yet because they don't like it either… but I don't know what they are asking Cresford/aA to do with it… so we wait.

Back