Walked by over the weekend. This is moving fast.

Love the new Ivory banner at the top of this page btw. Great addition to Urban TO!

April 20

At ground level at the south-east corner

With sales at Axiom next door doing well (50% sold for the west tower), this stretch is going to improve big time.

^Bad news. I want Axiom to fail. :(

Still, I wonder if all these additional residents--including DD, Canary District, etc--will increase the diversity of biz around here? It's rather dull--compared to the West End.

(eg: green grocers on Adelaide East like you see in Bloor West Village, Roncevalles; more indie clothing retailers and "cool" art galleries, etc.)

I'd say the opposite is true IMHO. Developers have been buying up lots of properties and it seems that DT east is getting quite a few tall buildings...with higher densities now proposed in Regent Park because it has been so successful.

^Bad news. I want Axiom to fail. :(

Still, I wonder if all these additional residents--including DD, Canary District, etc--will increase the diversity of biz around here? It's rather dull--compared to the West End.

(eg: green grocers on Adelaide East like you see in Bloor West Village, Roncevalles; more indie clothing retailers and "cool" art galleries, etc.)

I thought the opposite tends to happen: neighbourhoods with thriving and diverse retail attract developers who knock down that retail in order to build condos which they then fill with bland banks, dry cleaners, and Second Cups. Not that Adelaide East has much to worry about in terms of losing retail.

Last edited:
^So true.

Everytime I'm in the East End I'm shocked by the number of surface parking lots remaining. One day, perhaps by 2050, the area will be truly exciting?

Btw, the most exciting area to live these days in Toronto is the King & Spadina area. And it hasn't really even begun yet!

Today:

X1iCfpp.jpg

zL6ZOd1.jpg

nLrB7fC.jpg

This morning

zFS2HSO.jpg

I haven't been impressed with Plaza's buildings so far, but I'm hopeful that this design is going to be a gem and a great addition to the area.

UJ6szJZ.jpg

Back