You may want to have a look at Dream M&D document released on March 31, 2019 found in Sedar and search for "IVY". I had a quick look and it appears IVY is not even in the planning phase. Maybe because Dream has bigger fish to fry. Don't waste your time contacting city or Dream. You won't get clear answer. Big bosses not decided to start IVY.

IVY was by a small-time developer with no experience in the industry, from what I understood. If the project was sold to DREAM, then yes, I would expect some serious changes to come down the pipeline.

IVY was by a small-time developer with no experience in the industry, from what I understood. If the project was sold to DREAM, then yes, I would expect some serious changes to come down the pipeline.

That's what I think too.
Sometimes projects get built even builder seem losing big chunk of profit, to name a few:

1. Ravine condo (sold $480 per sqft in 2015, current market $850 per sqft)
Status: recently saw work being done on the site after years of inactivity, original occupancy in 2019

2. Dundas Square Garden (sold $580 per sqft in 2014, current market $1100 per sqft)
Status: from the builder cancelled ICONA condo, now construction well underway, original occupancy in 2019

3. PJ condo (sold $700 per sqft in 2015, current market $1300 per sqft)
Status: construction well underway, original occupancy in 2020

Last edited:
how about ivy condos?when dream will start build it?i sent a email to them.they reply me that if they stard they will email us after 10 days .

how about ivy condos?when dream will start build it?i sent a email to them.they reply me that if they stard they will email us after 10 days .

We can only hope for the best. If it meant to be it will be. All builders are like hiding something. No point asking.

About 7% of all new home projects get cancelled for different reasons, and buyers get deposit back.
There is risk in every investment.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any news regarding the demolition or if construction has started on the Ivy project?

No need to keep bumping this thread. The existing vacant buildings continue to rot away.
Does anyone have any news regarding the demolition or if construction has started on the Ivy project?

You can check the latest status in city website. On October 3rd, refusals were sent for Mechanical, Plumbing, Drain and site service of the new building application. Until they are not cleared, I doubt demolition permit is issued.
2020 occupancy date for IVY project is tentative. Contractually Dream has the commitment to complete the new building by mid 2024. If the work takes 3 years to complete, I doubt it get started earlier than 2021.

Site plan resubmission:

Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 12.42.49 PM.png

Back