IMG_2277.JPG
    890.2 KB · Views: 3,214
  • IMG_2275.jpg
    IMG_2275.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3,256
  • IMG_2274.jpg
    IMG_2274.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 3,294
A slight aside: what are the criteria by which UT considers a building "complete" in the database?

Thanks in advance.

Construction finished. People moving in. A little while longer.

I have't seen it up close yet, but it has interestingly interposed its unique form in so many a downtown view that I have to conclude that it is a great addition to the city. From Church and Dundas its cladding looked sharp; the northern facade is quite sleek and striking with its curvilinear dark glass and peak that seems to disappear into the sky. I've been reading all the criticisms of L, and while I agree with many of them (vis-a-vis the "boot" especially, though withholding judgement on the blue cladding until I've been up close), it is a beacon-tower, bringing a different feel to the skyline from so many points of view. Its architecture can be critiqued for certain details, and certainly the execution and materials aren't stellar, but overall I would say that it is above average and very welcome in its position at the south-eastern flank of the skyline.

Buildings with the most potential usually receive the harshest criticism on UT. There's no doubting that L Tower is above average, but the design is stellar, even on a global scale, had it been clad in higher quality curtain wall all around, and kept certain design features, it would've become an exceptional building on the world stage, not just for Toronto. With that said, I applaud the developer for going through with many of the design features which could've easily been eliminated, most importantly, the (IMO) nearly flawlessly executed roof.

Also top 10 slowest to completion.

I just had my occupancy date moved again for the 6th time.

Most people probably don't know that given how long the construction has taken and the numerous delays, that most people if they haven't moved in 135 days after their Confirmed Occupancy date was given, that they are entitled to a $5000 Delayed Occupancy Compensation (DOC) from the builder. Here is the link you need:

http://www.tarion.com/Warranty-Prot...ed-Occupancy-Protection-for-Condominiums.aspx

Of course the builder would never advertise this. But if you're affected, I'd get your lawyer on this and you could be entitled to the maximum $5K. That is, if you haven't already signed any papers that waives your right to the DOC. The builder will insist on you signing a waiver to this DOC if you are assigning the unit to someone else. Push back. It is getting ridiculous 7+ years and counting.

Back