Sidewalks, apparently: (From: http://ltowerconstructioninfo.com/ )

L Tower Update October 4 – 10

October 3, 2014 by EN Consulting Group Leave a comment

This is the current construction schedule for 8 The Esplanade – L Tower October 4 – 10, 2014

NOTE: Initial occupants are beginning to move-in to the L Tower. When moves occur they are loading in on Yonge Street. With the building close to being substantially completed, work will begin in the coming weeks on the sidewalks on Yonge Street and The Esplanade.

nice pics. toronto looks like a small town compared to nyc.

Last edited by a moderator:
^
3 times as many people in the same land area. Not sure if serious. Anyways, yes NYC is a lot more dense, but that picture isn't exactly representative of Toronto's density. You don't judge NYC by taking a picture in Central park.

well toronto is about 1/3 so its not that much smaller, but structurally it is in terms of buildings, skyline, subways, and stores etc.

If anything Toronto hits above its weight class when it comes to a lot of things urban. 1/3 the size isn't that much smaller? I'd say there's a pretty big gap there, I'm not sure what you're on. NYC is also about 3 times as old as Toronto too, the constant comparison between cities is tired and pointless. How long will you NYC fetishists continue to go on about the place? Just move there already, or if you already live there by chance (likely from a suburban bit of Queens though, claiming to be from the Big Apple), just keep to yourself.

Last edited:
If anything Toronto hits above its weight class when it comes to a lot of things urban. 1/3 the size isn't that much smaller? I'd say there's a pretty big gap there, I'm not sure what you're on. NYC is also about 3 times as old as Toronto too, the constant comparison between cities is tired and pointless. How long will you NYC fetishists continue to go on about the place? Just move there already, or if you already live there by chance (likely from a suburban bit of Queens though, claiming to be from the Big Apple), just keep to yourself.

1/3 is still a pretty big chunk of the NYC population. 3 mill vs 9 mill or 6 mill vs 18 mill. Toronto is not a small town but it looks like a small town compared to NYC, structure wise, and Toronto's subway is 1/20 the size of NY's. By comparison Toronto should have 5/20 bigger of a subway. I don't love nyc so that's why it wouldn't be on my top destinations, or places I would live, but I do admire it and like it. their accents can get annoying and the people appear mean from all the info I gathered about the city, but I wouldn't know I never been there. And if your wondering if I don't love NY, then why do I have a pic of it in my profile, its because I love that building. Another reason I would probably never live or like to live in nyc is because its like an old hat and tired vibe to it, while Toronto is young and fresh.

Last edited:
Just noticed this morning they are taking away the pedestrian construction wood arch way on the west side today.

A slight aside: what are the criteria by which UT considers a building "complete" in the database?

Thanks in advance.

Back