Oh my god is this skyscraper gonna be MASSIVE from University and the Hilton! This is one of those skyscrapers that is gonna completely change the look/feel of the area! Just imagine a 200m tower smack in the middle of University Ave.!. just epic.... just epic...

Oh my god is this skyscraper gonna be MASSIVE from University and the Hilton! This is one of those skyscrapers that is gonna completely change the look/feel of the area! Just imagine a 200m tower smack in the middle of University Ave.!. just epic.... just epic...

Love your enthusiasm for this project. I hope the market holds up price wise and that Shangrila in particular holds its value. Must say as I see it take shape it will be a very impressive addition to Toronto and to University Ave. in particular.

Now I just hope they get the cladding right. I think it will be silver/clear glass which should be quite striking. At lest that what I am hoping for.

One more thing, they are starting to ask people to come in to choose their colour schemes for the residences (floors 18-50). 4 combinations. Pretty sweet if I don't say so but I am prejudiced because I really like this project.

Last picture.. from yesterday.

sany0003u.jpg

I may be misremembering but I seem to recall the sales office telling me there was no 13th floor. So maybe some superstition still exists.

There is no need to skip the number 13 when counting floors. There will be 65 floors, regardless of number skipping.

I have also heard that it will be 66 actual floors...?

Sweet Jesus! that's a fabulous pic, android..........and only about 50+ more floors to go!!

^ Thanks yyzer. Not only that but right now it's getting a little lost amongst the other buildings but when the cladding goes on it'll be right in your face when you're driving down University.

As I live right next to this, I've noticed a huge difference in the amount of concrete trucks the past week or so. They are constant! Also, Bishop's Block as been wrapped in plastic, and the brickwork has been added on even more.

by me

sany0005l.jpg

This is the Shangri La Hotel - a Five Star Hotel under-construction in Toronto, Canada
13 storys completed so far - 52 more storys to go until TOPOUT
University and Adelaide
Looking North to Adelaide and Richmond
214 Meters

Awesome - the streetwall is already starting to look amazing. At this rate it'll only be another few weeks until we start to see cladding.

At this rate, it will be another few weeks and folks will be moving in!!!! This thing is sprouting like a mushroom.

Is it really climbing that fast or is the snail's-pace at Burano just making it seem that way?

Back