We need a masonic temple in Toronto..
I just realized we don't have one.
Sorry, off topic.. just came into my head.

Yonge/Davenport?

There are lots of lodges scattered through the city, too

Right I forgot about the Mtv building..
I mean something big and classic architecture..
Like:
800px-TemplemaconniqueMontreal060825.jpg

If you're going to talk about fraternal buildings in general my personal favourite is Odd Fellows Hall, but the most historically significant is probably the Labour Temple/Athenaeum Club building on Church (now just a facade)

I think he means it's not a box..
Which it isn't.

The restrained colour palette will be similar to the other nearbye buildings though, tying it to them visually. Late yesterday afternoon, standing on the east side of University just north of Osgoode Hall and looking south at Shangri-La, the unifying effect of similarly coloured buildings - from the two 1950s buildings to the north, to RitzCarltonGumbytower, Dexia and the Lightbox condo beyond ... was remarkable, and pleasing, regardless of their varied shapes.

They're mobilizing for curtainwall right now. Layout and prep work starts next week (if it isn't already underway), installation should follow within a week or two

What and where are those mason buildings in Toronto? I've never seen either. They look like they'd fit-in more with NYC.

from today's Star 'Condos on the Market'. interesting to note that the hotel is only the first 17 floors - so as far as concrete goes, they are nearly finished the hotel portion....also, once again this project is being shown as 66 floors....

18. LIVING SHANGRI-LA TORONTO: University Ave. and Adelaide St. W. Builder: Westbank Corp. and The Peterson Group. A 66-storey, 360-unit glass curtain-wall building. The first 17 floors will be hotel suites and the remaining upper floors will be condo units. Prices (parking included): from $907,500 for 859 sq. ft. to $18.888 million for a penthouse with 6,700 sq. ft. plus a 2,900 sq. ft. terrace. Fees: floors 18 to 49, 54 cents per sq. ft., plus hydro; floors 50-66, 75 cents per sq. ft., plus hydro. Amenities: two-car private garage with private estates, multi-media screening room, corporate function rooms, banquet room, spa, indoor pool, hot tub, valet service, limousine service, doorman, concierge, fitness centre, yoga studio, steam rooms, business centre, access to hotel services such as housekeeping and room service. Sales: about 74 per cent sold. Status: under construction. Occupancy: summer 2012

Last edited:

Back