I have an excuse, I walk by the building everyday in the mornings and evenings.

Of course, I also walk by Trump as well.. But this is sooooooooooooooo exciting.

:0

I agree this is exciting. I'll go out on a limb and no disrespect to those who like Trump but I think this building is going to be much nicer and striking with its high quality glass (if the other 3 sides are as nice as the South side) and angling.

I also understand they are going to be announcing in the New Year the restaurant. It is supposedly a high end restaurant from the US "boutique" restaurants as opposed to a chain. Don't know who it will be but if I find out more, will post.

shangn18c.jpg

...that cylinder between the windows, is that supposed to be a light feature? Would be really cool if it is! does anyone know something about it?

Yes, that's a light. That's why the windows bordering this strip have fins on them: residents won't want the light shining into their units.

We knew this ribbing was happening, I'm not sure why anyone is surprised. This is the thin area that will be lit from top to bottom of the building. On the north and south sides.

ShangriLaToronto.jpg

I definitely didn't see the top to bottom light feature from the renders, but nevertheless its exciting to imagine what it's going to look like once it's lit up!

Hmmmmm... I was wrong... There are fins between the panels.

(Write this date down in your diaries folks... You don't hear me saying those first few words very often!)

Some nice renders in the video in the Shangri-la site, including some night-time shots and what the light feature may look like when complete. Of course these things are created long before project even starts so there are many extant buildings and projects which are missing in the video.

Here are some screen-captures from the video:

Found on the official SL site found here: http://www.livingshangri-latoronto.com/

Attachments

• Shangri-la Video Capture 001.jpg
    Shangri-la Video Capture 001.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 239
  • Shangri-la Video Capture 002.jpg
    Shangri-la Video Capture 002.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 205
  • Shangri-la Video Capture 003.JPG
    Shangri-la Video Capture 003.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 208
  • Shangri-la Video Capture 004.JPG
    Shangri-la Video Capture 004.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 217
  • Shangri-la Video Capture 005.jpg
    Shangri-la Video Capture 005.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 213
You see I WAS RIGHT!

The fins on the curtainwall glass match up with the Dominon building across the street, and 200 University Ave to the North.

So this will work at ground level.. Like I said.

These guys are paying attention to the detail. Can't complain here... no way.

You see I WAS RIGHT!

The fins on the curtainwall glass match up with the Dominon building across the street, and 200 University Ave to the North.

So this will work at ground level.. Like I said.

These guys are paying attention to the detail. Can't complain here... no way.

Oh... do you like this project?

And this tower will work at ground level and you can tell that already. And you can tell this because it has vertical fins like some buildings around it? Oh, okay.

I think we all need to take a little chill pill.

I'm going to come to Cal's defence not that he needs it.

I "love" this project. I think it will be the nicest visually of Trump/Ritz or SL. I think the 4S will will be there with SL.

Cal is just speculating. So far though, the windows definately look good, the bricking on Bishops Block looks good. The scale of the project is imposing. At least we aren't complaining already about things we don't like, rather excited about what we do like.

Back