Some Updates May 19, 2011

dscf0347y.jpg

dscf0345d.jpg

dscf0343.jpg

dscf0340c.jpg

Hey guys,

thank you all for all the great pics. Really appreciated. I am especially struck by how gorgeous the blue glass looks on the sunny day in Steveve's pictures.
This glass really looks different depending on the angle and the weather conditions. Makes for an neat changing streetscape.

Pic taken May 20/11

Terrific contrast in building styles in this photo, and the one you took of FCP today. Just wonderful Red Mars!

The little facets are surprisingly much-ado-about-nothing when you're standing right in front of the building and looking up at it, although the jumbled podium stuff under construction at the base is interesting enough. From a distance ( seen from north on University Avenue, from where it forms a view terminus ), the site offers a rare opportunity for viewers to size up a tall building from top to toe in a single glance, but the design doesn't really grab that opportunity and do much of any interest with it.

Filling in a nice gap from Leslie Street Spit... (yesterday)

WOW!! that shot will be AMAZING in a few more years with ice, sl, trump and all the other fillers. i wanna see that exact same angle in 2015 in all four seasons... picture those leaves all orange or the lake frozen in the winter!! so exciting :p

I walked by this today, I have to say, beautiful glass tower so far. I'm really exited to see this dominate University avenue. It truly is one of the best towers to be going up during this boom.

The little facets are surprisingly much-ado-about-nothing when you're standing right in front of the building and looking up at it, although the jumbled podium stuff under construction at the base is interesting enough. From a distance ( seen from north on University Avenue, from where it forms a view terminus ), the site offers a rare opportunity for viewers to size up a tall building from top to toe in a single glance, but the design doesn't really grab that opportunity and do much of any interest with it.

The facets should appear to be more exaggerated on the top most part of the building and should be where they'll have most of their impact.

Back