It's so weird to see perfectly clear glass going up.

shangm25.jpg

I must say, I like the clear glass but isn't that going to get awfully hot both in winter and summer?

I know they were using more glazed glass on the South exposure of the condos supposedly to allow for the difference in sun exposure. Or perhaps because it is downtown and surrounded by tallish buildings, the 5 story clear glass podium will not get as much light?

Curious as to people's thoughts.

outstanding shots, steveve!!

Driving westbound on the Gardiner via the DVP this morning, I noticed that this tower is now becoming visible in the skyline from the east side. There's a sliver between FCP and Scotia Plaza (IIRC) that is being filled.

Wow, steveve; your picture taking (and/or post-production) has improved a lot. Thanks for the shots.

ty ^^^
Here's another pic from Saturday showing Shangri-la's impact on the streetwall. I honestly think that this strip of University (from around Adelaide to front), is the best/2nd best street wall in the city. and not to mention, even MLS/18 York look like they contribute to it as well! love it! (though I wish some of those buildings were taller)

5788218876_e73604e190_z.jpg

LOL! this tower probably has the most sex-appeal out of all the other major skyscraper projects in the city. Trump isn't a sexy skyscraper, just a beast one, Four Seasons is plain and simple, shangri-la is... SEXY! :D

ice is pretty sexy too... shangri-la is a bit chunky.

ice is pretty sexy too... shangri-la is a bit chunky.

Shangri-La started out looking very chunky, but as it gets taller while having the same "mass" so to speak, it looks less chunky and more sexy..
There's Trump (aka Kate Moss), Four Seasons (aka Miranda Kerr), and when it's topped out, Shangri-La will be the Alessandra Ambrosio of the bunch.

(Though I personally like Kerr the best, she more fits FS than Shangri-La IMO)

Shangri-La started out looking very chunky, but as it gets taller while having the same "mass" so to speak, it looks less chunky and more sexy..
There's Trump (aka Kate Moss), Four Seasons (aka Miranda Kerr), and when it's topped out, Shangri-La will be the Alessandra Ambrosio of the bunch.

(Though I personally like Kerr the best, she more fits FS than Shangri-La IMO)

i guess your probably right.. i've only seen it in pictures recently so i dont have a good overall feel for it's current stage.

Back