I'm looking forward to seeing Zhang Huan's artwork - and his design for Handel's Semele, which opens just across the street at the Four Seasons Centre in May.

^^^
No, I am actually quite excited to get my unit. I am hoping inside will prove as positive as the overall structure.
I personally love this building but then I am prejudiced and realize it. If the interiors prove as nice as the outside, I will be one happy camper.
Oh and by the way, I can't sing at all so for the whole rest of the world who watches American Idol, they can be happy that I am not taking you up on the trade of the unit idea for an American Idol win. LOL

As much as I do like this tower, "Sterile" is a word that comes to mind when looking at it. There's only so much character that can be made with glass and steel. Does it not feel a little cold walking by this tower at street level, compared to say The Royal York or The King Edward?

The shot looking west, with Boutique in the background; doesn't that shot make things look institutional and sterile, rather than warm, residential and welcoming?

Sorry Automation Gallery.
I think ours is better than that in Manilla based on the picture. Angles; the separate area where the pool will be, The Bishops Block when going around the side; and the Angles on the East face I feel add more interest. The West side has the 2 story area on the higher floors. I agree the North/South views are more stark. I also feel ours appears a bit more sleek; perhaps as I am gathering it is taller.

awesome photos from the top ^
I'm a bit confused about the large fins that surround the penthouse terraces. there will be huge glass panels blocking the open view, not to mention this is outside, so why didn't they just push the suites right up to the fins and provide better, more unobstructed views?

Believe me, when you're up there, nothing feels obstructed. The fins - when glassed in - will provide large terraces for these units that are protected from the wind, as you well know. What you are forgetting is that when you are looking at a photo you are seeing something fixed, unlike the experience you have of a place when you are there: we humans move about, and just the turn of a head gives you enough visual info to see around and behind something close that was in your field of view a moment ago. We process all of these things subconsciously and move on without thinking about it. The last thing the penthouses at Shangri-La feel like is obstructed.

Back