Those dishes look amazing. I would go for a special occasion and try it out.
Btw,is there an outdoors terrace at the hotel. A la Thompson hotel, on one of the top floors, amongst all those buildings? Would be cool.

Great links man. Here a few shots of the interior from said blog.

momofuku2002-img_0655.jpg

Momofuku Noodle Bar.

momofuku2005-img_0661.jpg

Nikai.

momofuku2009-img_0684-e1348703870976.jpg

Daisho.

momofuku2024-img_0723.jpg

Last edited:
Those dishes look amazing. I would go for a special occasion and try it out.
Btw,is there an outdoors terrace at the hotel. A la Thompson hotel, on one of the top floors, amongst all those buildings? Would be cool.

There's a photo gallery here of a law firm that is having a party at the Shangri-la. If you look behind the smiling faces you can get a sense of the space. Most are shot indoors, but there are some photos that are clearly on some kind of terrace overlooking University Ave.

What do you guys think?

Stunning. Great shots DowntownTO, thank you.
How great is it that we are able to debate which of the new five-star hotels look best inside, and which look best outside!

What a nice area has emerged here, along with the Four Seasons Centre just across. Sharp!

Looks wonderful inside, classy but not cold. Very nice to see this finished and that ugly parking lot replaced with a very nice building.

This is the view from University looking towards Duncan in 2006:

IMG_1758.jpg

Notice all the condos missing from that shot? Festival Tower, M5V, Charlie, Cinema Tower, Boutique I & II....

And from Duncan towards University around the same time:

futureview-1.jpg

No Shangri-La, Bay-Adelaide Centre or Trump!

It's crazy how the area has changed SO MUCH in the last 6 years!

Stunning. Great shots DowntownTO, thank you.
How great is it that we are able to debate which of the new five-star hotels look best inside, and which look best outside!

Great question, if i had to narrow it down:
Inside:
1) Trump
2) Four Seasons
3) Shangri-la
4) Ritz
Outside
*Shangri-la and four seasons are almost tied for me, so is Trump and the Ritz (it's the dull/dead colour of the Ritz that takes off points for me)
1) Shangri-la
2) Four Seasons
3) Ritz
4) Trump

Back