Only just opened, the Shangri-La hotel has lost its head chef. Jean Paul Lourdes, highly touted chef of the hotel's pricey Bosk restaurant, has flown the coop--apparently over conflicts with the hotel management over the restaurant menus. A similar thing happened to the Ritz Carlton, when head chef Tom Brodi left the flagship TOCA restaurant (originally called TOCA by Tom Brodi) after a short stint (though not as short as Lourdes).

Only just opened, the Shangri-La hotel has lost its head chef. Jean Paul Lourdes, highly touted chef of the hotel's pricey Bosk restaurant, has flown the coop--apparently over conflicts with the hotel management over the restaurant menus. A similar thing happened to the Ritz Carlton, when head chef Tom Brodi left the flagship TOCA restaurant (originally called TOCA by Tom Brodi) after a short stint (though not as short as Lourdes).

Clearly these chefs are leaving because of the overuse of glass cladding. Not enough insulation to keep chefs from leaking out.

from today
DSCF7419_zpse3f98b41.jpg

DSCF7414_zps8fddf845.jpg

The view from the 51st of the tower was great and too bad the camera wanted to go south.

The view to the south will be lost in 10 years if those 80's tower get built. Even if they did, still a great view.

You could see the Absolute World towers off in the distance.

The view of University Avenue were great on the various floors I was on. Even on the 3rd floor over looking the intersection at Adelaide with Trump down the road was a great place to shoot from.

Really like the inside.
[video=youtube;tqwFd9rCeD8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqwFd9rCeD8[/video]

University is changing quickly. Shangri-La & MaRS are pretty well done and there should be 2 new towers going up just to the right of Shangri-La in this view.

shango26.jpg

University is changing quickly. Shangri-La & MaRS are pretty well done and there should be 2 new towers going up just to the right of Shangri-La in this view.

You should not see 210 Simcoe, but you will see the RCMI and The Icon on the corner of Dundas (55's).

ICE will play a role more so after they are completed. Then 10 York will add to it.

I wish I could take night shot like those ones.

Last edited:

Back