1572586323_9170af5654_b.jpg

bathrooms

its a series if urinals they are setting up in preperation of the Santa Claus parade. Once they cut out the viewing holes people will be able to relieve themselves without missing anything.

That is one lonnnnnnnnng narrow site office. In a tight space though, you gotta do, what - oh never mind.

I don't care, it's already blocking some of that monstrosity behind it so it's a good thing.

LOL, I worked in that monstrosity for many years -- it used to be occupied by Sun Life. I clearly remember that they owned that parking lot to the south of it where Shangri-La is to go, and even back then (early 1990s) they had plans for a major (45+ floor) development to go there. As part of my job back then, I printed the internal report on the plans for the site. The current Shangri-La development is, I believe, directly descended from those old plans, since Sun Life is the major partner in the development.

Bill

That University Plaza condo (I think that's the name) belongs in Hell! I wouldn't trouble the good people of Yorkville or Markham with it! How cruel!

I was talking about the condo, I actually really like that office building.

That office building, which I also really like, was originally supposed to have a heli-pad above the mechanical room. Fortunately, unlike Sao Paulo, execs in Toronto can still walk, blade, cab, drive, TTC or pogo stick to appointments elsewhere in the city

When I first discovered Google's satellite images, I would look over various cities and I remember being surprised by all the helicopter pads on the buildings of Los Angeles' financial district. Toronto's bank towers have no such landing pads. And there's nothing wrong with that, because it means less noise in the skies and less pollution. But those pads do make the satellite images more interesting.

Back