it's been quite awhile since i last visited the site; i should check it out after work sometime soon.

Mobile crane action today:

3601061716_6eec6e1b10_b.jpg

3601071908_3d321a9548_b.jpg

Mobile crane action today:

I'm sure it's the angle, but these shots look like they are less further along than the photos in your post #1072!

I'm going by there today so I won't bother, thanks for the update :)

I'm sure it's the angle, but these shots look like they are less further along than the photos in your post #1072!

I'm going by there today so I won't bother, thanks for the update :)

Hmm it might be because they have backfilled around the pits/footings since then so there aren't as many of those concrete walls visible.

They were pulling those backhoes out of the pit, btw. They dropped a mobile crane down in the hole which I assume is to remove all the shale. Theres still quite a bit down there (you can't tell from my pics but from the street you can see quite a pile still)

That's hilarious. Not 15 minutes ago I saw this crane drive by us as we were waiting at the intersection of Yonge and Empress. I was wondering where it was coming from. My fiance remarked about the driver talking on the cellphone while driving this behemoth down Yonge St.

On Friday morning, I was told by one of the workers on the site that there will be a second crane going in once all rock and dirt is removed from the north side.

nice to see progress on this one.....

^ Not sure about depth in terms of meters, but at 8 floors of u/g parking - it's my understanding that the deepest parking garage in the city is currently 7 floors. Also the CN tower excavation wasn't as deep as one would assume.

I wish the on-site camera feed was better...it always seems to be directed at a wall! Anyone got updated pictures over the last few days??

Westbank's newsletter says this was the deepest excavation in Toronto's history - not sure if I believe that.

It probably is? I was starting to wonder if the project got delayed or something. It seems like they started excavation a year ago or so and nothing has risen yet.

Back