Here's a shot taken this afternoon.

4313771071_e9792e9a8e_b.jpg

And my office at work looks north, so I've got a good distant view of x and casa, plus I'll have a great view or Aura once it gets above the Delta (I just have to stay employed here for another 2-3 years). From work I have access to windows in every direction so I can see most of the big projects going up. Now that Trump is above the surrounding low-rises I can get some really good shots of it.

From home I have a great East view of the whole city, with the CN Tower looming over me.

Last edited:
Nope still working on the final underground level. I'm guessing another 2 weeks until that last level is finished. They're just finishing the forming for the elveator shafts right now, looks like those are ready to be poured very soon.

I agree ^^^

Some awesome density there!... it almost looks like a shot of New York!!!

It looks like some materials are already at ground level...

I agree ^^^

Some awesome density there!... it almost looks like a shot of New York!!!

It looks like some materials are already at ground level...

Yes! at the corner of Adelaide and Simcoe today, the tops of the rebar (massive) are visible through the hoarding gate...

The Ritz-Carlton is still my favourite but I think if I were a multi-millionaire this would be my second choice ahead of Trump and the Four Seasons.

The Ritz-Carlton is still my favourite but I think if I were a multi-millionaire this would be my second choice ahead of Trump and the Four Seasons.

for me, in terms of luxury and stuff...

Trump
Ritz
Four Seasons
Shangri-la

Heck, they're all a massive upgrade on the Hilton and the Park Hyatt.

I agree - Trump will be most luxurious but something about the Trump opulence just doesn't sit well with me.

Heck, they're all a massive upgrade on the Hilton and the Park Hyatt.

I agree - Trump will be most luxurious but something about the Trump opulence just doesn't sit well with me.

I agree... All 3 (FS doesn't count cause we already have one) new chains of hotels coming into the city adds a whole lot more integration on a global scale in terms of "the cities that HAVE these hotels"... It was about time we got AT LEAST a Ritz and Shangri-la...

Something about Trump just makes it seem like "the best of the best"
Donald Trump has brought alot to the cities they have built a building... And there's a certain class that goes with it..

I'm not sure if Trump Toronto will be as cool as the American ones...
I mean, for example, Trump Chicago... EPIC building in terms of height, impact to the city, etc...

I believe this was Trumps first attempt in the "INTERNATIONAL" scale of things... it will be the first completed Trump Tower outside of the US... I hope it brings something special to the city and itself!!!

Trump has a lot of obstructed views for that kind of money but the location and suites are great. Ritz and Shangri-la have the views (and great location IMO) but those damn pillars in most rooms really bother me for a such high end buildings. Four Seasons, pillar problems again however not as many as the Ritz & Shangri-la plus that area doesn't do it for me. High end for me: 155 Cumberland (yes, it's Yorkville), but it's very private, awesome floorplan designs and views, 1 St. Thomas or one of those amazing Casa penthouses.

Trump has a lot of obstructed views for that kind of money but the location and suites are great. Ritz and Shangri-la have the views (and great location IMO) but those damn pillars in most rooms really bother me for a such high end buildings. Four Seasons, pillar problems again however not as many as the Ritz & Shangri-la plus that area doesn't do it for me. High end for me: 155 Cumberland (yes, it's Yorkville), but it's very private, awesome floorplan designs and views, 1 St. Thomas or one of those amazing Casa penthouses.

Yeah... alot of obstructed views but they have some very nice ones!
The views to the East and West will be nice in the mornings/afternoons... To the South, its gonna be really cool overlooking the heart of the financial district (Bay/King) and to see Commerce Court, TD Centre, etc... (yes, i am a skyscraper geek)...

The views for Trump are definitely not the best but hey, THIS is downtown!!! Super density to the max!
In the renders for Trump, the Bay Adelaide Centre was never depicted, so the people who purchased north facing units lucked out BIG TIME!

Trump is unlike Trump Chicago (in terms of its views)... Trump Chicago probably has the best views in Chicago... Shangri-la is more like Trump Chicago in terms of its views, impact on the skyline, and in terms of its angular lot...

Just like Trump Chicago balanced out the space between the John Hancock Centre and the Sears Tower...
Shangri-la Toronto will balance out the area between the CBD and the Ritz/RBC/CN tower...

Trump actually minimized their pillar usage and i believe there are only pillars on the outside and core of the structure... since it is such a small site, space precious!... The Ritz DOES have pillars but the building is very transparent on the edges...

I DO like how they all have floor to ceiling windows... they're sick! (and high ceilings too!)
I'm not sure how high the ceilings are on Shangri-la but they are probably a little lower than the rest of the buildings.. It has the most floors out of Trump, Ritz, and Four Seasons...

155 Cumberland is a sick building and very private (due to its limited suites/its building built on top of a building!)... It reminds me of little houses/lofts in the sky!!!
I'm not a huge fan of Casa (in terms of luxury) but i can imagine the views are AMAZING!!!
One St. Thomas pretty much IS the definition of yorkville ... :D

I'm so excitied for Shangri-la!

Here's a photo i took today:

Shangri-la almost there!!!

4323210015_5e618fb37c_b.jpg

Photo by me: steveve :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a huge fan of Casa (in terms of luxury) but i can imagine the views are AMAZING!!!

I'm a fan of 10 foot ceilings, the huge roof deck terrace, the location, the building itself and the amenities. I'm also quite comfortable living among the commoners :)

Back