Looking sharp:

4870742450_957cb3f23e_b.jpg

Prepping the crane for removal, Aug. 17th & 18th respectively

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

for some reason, i've always found the beige "strip" running down the north side of lumiere, reminiscent of the ted rogers school building...

795px-Ryerson_Faculty_of_Business.jpg

Where are the coloured panels!!!

This is a building that really has to be seen to be appreciated. It also doesn't help that the east side of the building rarely see's sun so getting a lit shot of Lumiere is difficult

Lumiere's crane being taken down over the past two weeks

Is it just me, or did this tower go up quietly... i still cannot believe Lumiere is near the end. Maybe if they added another 20 stories it would have gotten much more attention.. this lot could have supported a taller tower :). i guess i'll have to wait for Aura.

The alternating pattern of precast on the north façade is strangely unresolved at the top. It just comes to an abrupt end. There should have been one more slit/gap down the middle running up to the roof. Disappointing.

Last edited:
Is it just me, or did this tower go up quietly... i still cannot believe Lumiere is near the end. Maybe if they added another 20 stories it would have gotten much more attention.. this lot could have supported a taller tower :). i guess i'll have to wait for Aura.

I don't know about supporting a taller tower not without transfering a lot of the density from the lower floors. The parking is five levels deep if that is any indication of density. I'mnot really a fan of point towers on podiums with 30 metre of space inbetween the towers. It just doesn't feel like a downtown area. The Aura site is enormous by comparison too.

Back