I'm not sure, I'd be curious if it's in the documents posted earlier. That being said, it seems like McMaster might want to start on the second building shortly, especially with new funding coming in from the government. Seems McMaster and other schools will need to show a better ability to host international students, and more residences is key to that.
Housing them in third world conditions at that apparently lol..

I doubt they'll make this mistake again. This was a PR nightmare for McMaster. Not to mention the school didn't handle it well. They will be far more careful in the future as a result.
Sad that it takes a "pr nightmare" for them to care vs caring because people are suffering.

I doubt they'll make this mistake again. This was a PR nightmare for McMaster. Not to mention the school didn't handle it well. They will be far more careful in the future as a result.
I can't imagine a new build tower for students in North America that has more issues than this one. It's unbelievably bad what the students have had to endure while doing their Graduate studies.

Looks like there will be signage on the top at the east side as well:
1000004041.jpg

Am I to assume the glass part on the parking garage (those 2 "slats" of glass on the end there) is what will be applied to the rest where you can see the edge of the parking ramp through the windows? If so I approve - makes it look much more finished :)

Hopefully! Wouldn't even know there was a parking garage there if that's the case.

Hopefully! Wouldn't even know there was a parking garage there if that's the case.
That's what I am banking on - they did a lot of clever things with this one - like making the gold parts perforated to allow for ventilation without having it look any different. I am quite impressed with the design of this building.

I don't believe so, I'm quite curious if there are any finishing plans with this, but I think it might just be left like this. I think those gaps are needed for ventilation. Based on the designs, the grates seem to be the final product. I don't know why they didn't aim them up though to make the garage less visible from the street....
1000004194.png

Well at least there will be grates - also technically the gold ribs they installed are perforated - so they COULD have all the ventilation purely from that, but maybe it's not enough - regardless It will be nice to see the finishing touches go up.

Back