Gotta feeling this isn't going to age well...

Plus the window portion of the cladding is way too busy, making it suffer from the same issues that 1 Yorkville does back here in Toronto. That is, making it hard to look at, IMO. >.<

Most of the bare concrete if not all of it has been completely covered:
1000004213.jpg

Gotta feeling this isn't going to age well...

Plus the window portion of the cladding is way too busy, making it suffer from the same issues that 1 Yorkville does back here in Toronto. That is, making it hard to look at, IMO. >.<
It's gonna age a helluva lot better than vranich's will I'll tell you that..

The way the cladding pattern terminates at the top of the tower when viewing the thinner sides is truly terrible. What were they thinking? Just keep the gold fins extended to the very top, so simple.

r/mildlyinfuriating

The way the cladding pattern terminates at the top of the tower when viewing the thinner sides is truly terrible. What were they thinking? Just keep the gold fins extended to the very top, so simple.

r/mildlyinfuriating
Could have even had them extend above the top, Art Deco style. That would have been kind of cool and trendy right now.

r/mildlyinfuriating
I'm more grossed out by the tiny triangular sides that hold up the parking garage entrance in that picture - they look ridiculous - it makes your mind think it's gonna collapse at any moment lol.. makes it look super top-heavy, Fortunately I don't often look at this side - are they jut gonna leave it like that? It's a tad bizarre looking.. or is it gonna be cladded..

Screenshot_20240222-200535-901.png

Screenshot_20240222-200611-122.png

Can these horrific quality of life issues be remedied for Grad students already? The first students are truly guinea pig test subjects for this building. The developer, contractor partners should be fined for not being able to provide a basic necessity like clean drinking water.

Such an embarrassment for a top Canadian university like McMaster

View attachment 542651

View attachment 542652

Can these horrific quality of life issues be remedied for Grad students already? The first students are truly guinea pig test subjects for this building. The developer, contractor partners should be fined for not being able to provide a basic necessity like clean drinking water.

Such an embarrassment for a top Canadian university like McMaster
Agreed. As an alumnus this is embarrassing. I don't want this to come into people's minds when I mention I went to McMaster.

Horrific is a bit of an exaggeration. The water was a little cloudy, and it was confirmed to pose zero health risk whatsoever. Some students complained that they didn't like the cloudiness so the university took action, and vacated the premise while they could clean the system out. Everyone getting so angry at Mac here. They're doing what they can to rectify the issue. And what is really obnoxious are the 'free housing' folks who have graffitied the building and ridiculing Mac for charging fair market rate for housing. Like heck, at least Mac is trying to build housing, what exactly do you want them to do, give it away for free? :rolleyes:

Horrific is a bit of an exaggeration. The water was a little cloudy, and it was confirmed to pose zero health risk whatsoever. Some students complained that they didn't like the cloudiness so the university took action, and vacated the premise while they could clean the system out. Everyone getting so angry at Mac here. They're doing what they can to rectify the issue. And what is really obnoxious are the 'free housing' folks who have graffitied the building and ridiculing Mac for charging fair market rate for housing. Like heck, at least Mac is trying to build housing, what exactly do you want them to do, give it away for free? :rolleyes:
A little cloudy sounds plenty cloudy to me...

A little cloudy sounds plenty cloudy to me...
I mean I wouldn't want my water to be cloudy either. But it was caused by coliform bacteria, which is 100% harmless and generally resolves on its own. To call this "horrific quality of life issues" is a tad much. Mac is taking the necessary steps to address the issue, and I don't know what more can be expected of them 🤷‍♂️

Back