No Whole Foods or major grocery store here as Minto downsized the retail after Whole Foods walked away. No hotel either as current plans do not allow for such a use. Bottom line - all sales people BS. Don't get suckered in to rumours people.

Minto has been telling their VIP realtors that a 4-star hotel and Whole Foods will be in the building -- they have directed them to a Whole Foods page proving that it will be there: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/com...70fc7396189b7719d1dce208e6ca236d19c4a65389392 (scroll down to the bottom).

However to my knowledge Whole Foods is considering other downtown sites, and Minto is having major issues with many of their completed developments, so it's anyone's guess right now.

Last edited:
I don't think it'll be a WF (I bet the WF website is out of date) , but very possible some type of grocery could go in. Regarding hotel, if it's possible, I'm guessing it'd be in the phase north of this site. Kinda like the reverse of what happened with the Thompson - first a hotel/condo, then a purely residential building, whereas this is the opposite, pure condo then possibly hotel-condo? I have also heard the same thing about Minto having some issues with the other buildings.

Regardless of that happens, this thing is going to sell well.

Last edited:
Minto has been telling their VIP realtors that a 4-star hotel and Whole Foods will be in the building -- they have directed them to a Whole Foods page proving that it will be there: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/com...70fc7396189b7719d1dce208e6ca236d19c4a65389392 (scroll down to the bottom).

However to my knowledge Whole Foods is considering other downtown sites, and Minto is having major issues with many of their completed developments, so it's anyone's guess right now.

I went to the presentation centre today. Their model says "Market Fresh" (and a wine store), so I don't know why they would have been saying Whole Foods.

Or, they read this thread and got rid of the Whole Foods reference :)

Not sure. We went late afternoon, and I did overhear someone asking about a particular layout that was sold out, but I don't know which one. There were lots of sales people hanging around, but none approached us. Finishes are pretty blah, and what is with the trend for half size fridges and ovens? Decent cupboard space in the kitchen, ok shower but certainly no wow factor. Pricing doesn't include parking ($42000) or locker ($4500ish)

So far, only two of the contemplated four buildings/parts (4 condo corps) are up for sale at the moment. The south Bathurst (fronting on the street) part is only selling up to the 9th floor while the south interior part (adjacent to Tridel's Reve) is totally up for grabs (the less desirable units). The two north portions (on Bathurst and Niagara) are not shown in any context yet. This is the difficult challenge of developing this site - how do you stop yourself from doing all the undergound garages at once for the whole site?

It is definitely not sold out, but seems to me that they should be able to do OK as the suites are so small and thus pricing lower that given time, it will sell. It is the interior courtyard suites that are going to be the harder sell and take longer (incentives will be necessary in the end). Everything on Front or Bathurst should sell quite easily.

There's over 1,200 units in this entire development, so it will take a little while for this to sell out. Even if they are selling 2 of the 4 sections of the building it's still a lot of units (600 units more or less). There are a lot of small units and the $399,000 2-bedroom 2-bathroom units they are bragging about are just 622 sq.ft.

The units are categorized in one of the 3 collections:
1. The Cityview Collection, which is the most desirable units that face Bathurst Street (west) or Front Street (south).
2. The W Collection, which faces inside the courtyard (west, east and north) formed by the podium and the east and west towers.
3. The W2 Collection, which is the least desirable units which face east into the very narrow courtyard with Reve Condos directly across.

The podium part of the building goes up to the 8th floor and above that is where the two towers emerge, the west tower which is a slab that peaks at around the 20th floor, while the east tower is an inverted T-shaped tower that peaks at the 17th floor. The corridors on the podium level do not connect between the east and west buildings, except on the 2nd floor. There are also amenities on the 9th floor where rooftop of the podium lies between the two towers.

Based on the marketing plans, it looks like they are selling units scattered throughout the entire building so I can't determine where a hotel could go in any part of this building.
Though most of the east building on the 2nd floor is blocked off from the rest of the building, so there may be a potential of a very small boutique hotel on the first two floors of the east building facing Niagara Street, however in the renderings these are shown as townhouses.

Last edited:
There's over 1,200 units in this entire development, so it will take a little while for this to sell out. Even if they are selling 2 of the 4 sections of the building it's still a lot of units (600 units more or less). There are a lot of small units and the $399,000 2-bedroom 2-bathroom units they are bragging about are just 622 sq.ft.

The units are categorized in one of the 3 collections:
1. The Cityview Collection, which is the most desirable units that face Bathurst Street (west) or Front Street (south).
2. The W Collection, which faces inside the courtyard (west, east and north) formed by the podium and the east and west towers.
3. The W2 Collection, which is the least desirable units which face east into the very narrow courtyard with Reve Condos directly across.

The podium part of the building goes up to the 8th floor and above that is where the two towers emerge, the west tower which is a slab that peaks at around the 20th floor, while the east tower is an inverted T-shaped tower that peaks at the 17th floor. The corridors on the podium level do not connect between the east and west buildings, except on the 2nd floor. There are also amenities on the 9th floor where rooftop of the podium lies between the two towers.

Based on the marketing plans, it looks like they are selling units scattered throughout the entire building so I can't determine where a hotel could go in any part of this building.
Though most of the east building on the 2nd floor is blocked off from the rest of the building, so there may be a potential of a very small boutique hotel on the first two floors of the east building facing Niagara Street, however in the renderings these are shown as townhouses.

I believe the sales rep told me that the first two phases have 660 units. I really don't see a boutique hotel here at all. I would be talking to the Well development for that kind of action (future DRL stop and all that luxury retail, movie theatre etc) if I was a hotel chain.

I didn't know Market Fresh has decided to return to the Ontario market -- they are based in Quebec.
From the renderings I originally thought "Market Fresh" was just a generic grocer placeholder with the lettering and colour theme similar to Whole Foods to generate some talk and rumours.
With Sobeys on Fort York/Spadina, Loblaws on Queen/Portland, a future Loblaws on Bathurst/Lakeshore, and a future Whole Foods or other upscale grocer at The Well, this area of downtown will be well served when it's all said and done.

I can't see how a hotel will fit into the north end of the West tower. I see condo units shown from the 2nd floor all the way up the building on the west tower in the keyplans of their market material.

Last edited:
Has anyone asked them about the stench that comes from the west side of Bathurst at Front? It reeks and can often be smelled on the east side as well. I can't imagine sitting on my balcony or even having my windows open.

At some point, the city will rehabilitate that land and a condo will go up, but in the meantime, it literally stinks at that corner.

Back