I was really looking forward to purchasing a unit here guess I'll have to move over to The Wells at Spadina/Wellington. That seems like a solid project. Something is definitely going to launch here this year but I don't really care if Freed abandoned it, Minto can still pull this off. I was thinking the Whole Foods project moved to the Wells condo/commercial complex.

The Well is such a big project, that waiting will be a long exercise. The prime residential will be on Wellington with the lower end product on Front. BTW, We believe whole foods is signed up but nothing is official.

The Well is such a big project, that waiting will be a long exercise. The prime residential will be on Wellington with the lower end product on Front. BTW, We believe whole foods is signed up but nothing is official.

I just hope they have a big deep terraces with south east exposures. When I was living at 560 Front I loved walking along Wellington St.

The Well will not be starting for a while - the Globe and Mail will not be moving into their new facilities until sometime in 2016. The entire The Well site is to have one integrated underground garage, even thought there will be street level gaps between the buldings. Even the office tower at the corner of Front and Spadina will not start until the Globe & Mail has gone, their existing building demolished, shoring done, and then excavation can start again. I would suspect from the size of the property, the excavation and basement structure will proceed in stages, working from the south east to the north west (but that is just my guess). Anyway, by the time the first residential components are built and ready for occupancy will be a number of years from now - again guessing, but possibly 2019 or 2020.

Presumably The Well development has a big impact on any interest for significant retail at BFront, so maybe Minto is switching to a more straightforward residential development. Would think they would want to go to market before The Well though.

This project is a dumping ground.
Freed leaves the project,
Whole Foods leaves the project,
and now we hear Minto is totally abandoning the design and starting over.
Wallman will probably get dumped too.

Minto tells me that this is not true.

Minto tells me that this is not true.42

My understanding - the ground floor layout is being reworked - no longer one large retail outlet, which would have been the Whole Foods store. This may be a more substantial change to the floor than initially obvious - breaking the floor into smaller units would require redoing both the public entrance access arrangements, as well as the delivery and service corridor arrangements for the new store layout.

That part is all true regarding Whole Foods. I should have been more precise! The design of the complex in general though is not changing.

That's disappointing. I was hoping that there would have been some effort to break up the forms a bit more. It's still too monolithic at the moment.

That's exciting news. This corner has been so sad for years. With the meat packing plant maybe shut down for good, this should be a decent area to live in the summer

Happy they delayed until Fall to launch this. Looking forward to purchasing a unit here. North East Exposure should be spectacular.

Rendering from the website.

minto-westside.jpg

Back