What good reason is there for not using the Transitway at all times? Is it to re-deploy the buses on local routings? If the route numbers are the same, wouldn't this be even more confusing?

Only 4 stops will be open. I don't see a point of running Sunday service when riders have the option of the 7 to Malton, or the 3,20,2) to the subway. I expect the transitway will be open 7 days a week when it's fully built out.
I'd like to a special 109 Sunday service that runs between meadowvale and square one.

Maybe if they made it five stations/stops, then it would run Sundays as well. Like on the Sheppard Subway with its five stations.

Maybe if they made it five stations/stops, then it would run Sundays as well. Like on the Sheppard Subway with its five stations.
No way you can have 5 stations for phase 1 since the 5 & 6 are under construction and below grade with no connection to Eglinton Ave. Both stations will be finish in fall of 2015.

If you want people to use transit, this transitway must be 7/24 starting Nov 17 including all 100's.

First day of the Transitway and it's already jammed like Bloor station during rush hour:

IMG_3015.JPG

@lesley_pavan via Twitter

Kidding... This is just from the press conference announcing the opening this morning

Attachments

• IMG_3015.JPG
    IMG_3015.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 739
Actually it would be a good thing if it was packed... that means its working and attracting riders and will help support funding for future expansion!

I'll bet that's the busiest Dixie Station will be for a very, very long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you see me in that shot?

109 Sq One current location gets move to the new one on Nov 17.

Flashing still not done and will not be done on opening day, but will not interferer with service.

The Dixie Station East enclosed shelter can hold a good size meeting with chairs and not interferer with riders.

1201 bus was for VIP's, 1202 for media and staff. GO 2602 was there, but only for display.

The east entrance was added which is better than the original plan due to the construction of the Harlam Water Line on Dixie as well along Eastgate.

Dixie should be the busiest until 2016.

Plans call for 25 buses at peak time or every 2 minutes, mostly GO buses.

All stations will have fare machines.

Renforth Terminal will open in 2017 and being built by Dufferin like phase 2 & 3

CTV chopper was doing videoing of the transitway.

Note: Sunday Service Start in May 2015.

Last edited:
Has the freshly poured concrete smell.

And some of the stations have washrooms, so it may last a little longer.

Last edited:
Thanks for the video!

Hard to tell from the video, but were the buses travelling at full speed? The video makes it look so slow, yet the trip seemed pretty fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
it had a speed limit posted at 80km/h at the start of the video.. much faster than what I thought it would be honestly, I thought it would be posted at 60 honestly.

Thanks for the video!

Hard to tell from the video, but were the buses travelling at full speed? The video makes it look so slow, yet the trip seemed pretty fast.
That's clearly not full speed. The new schedules show buses travelling the length of the transitway in 4 minutes.

It was site seeing speed, but still faster to Sq One than street running.

I found it painful watching that video considering I shot it

Back